The Gov. of Illinois did WHAT ?

TJones

.....and for that I am glad. The last thing our country needs at this point is to have an incoming President that has already lost all credibility. I mean give Obama at least a couple of years before that happens you know. ;)

Oh please......you were drooling at the slight possibility that Obama may be tainted by this.

Oh please......you were drooling at the slight possibility that Obama may be tainted by this.

Oh, and I still am. I am sure that Obama knew NOTHING about who might be in line to take over his Senate seat ? Sure, not a clue, just like he didn't know Ayers was a terrorist. Here, pull the other leg west, it plays jingle bells. :lol: Your Messiah is going down in flames sooner or later.

Oh, and I still am. I am sure that Obama knew NOTHING about who might be in line to take over his Senate seat ? Sure, not a clue, just like he didn't know Ayers was a terrorist. Here, pull the other leg west, it plays jingle bells. :lol: Your Messiah is going down in flames sooner or later.

Keep grasping at those straws........

Against my better judgement I spent 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back reading your link. My first impressions of the story? So? And your point is?

The point is:

This is a thread about what's going on with the Gov. of Illinois, not your precious Obama, no matter how much he may be involved, get over your Messiah already, will ya ? Please do us both a favor and don't post to this thread anymore if it is that draining on you. Thanks in advance. :lol:

The point is:

This is a thread about what's going on with the Gov. of Illinois, not your precious Obama, no matter how much he may be involved, get over your Messiah already, will ya ? Please do us both a favor and don't post to this thread anymore if it is that draining on you. Thanks in advance. :lol:

Your the one that brought up the Obama "connection" that doesn't exist.

Your the one that brought up the Obama "connection" that doesn't exist.

No I didn't, the newspaper I linked to in a previous post did. Do you even KNOW about the story involving the Gov. ? Even in the last link Obama claims that some of his staff has had contact with the Gov. Apparently the Obama Kool-Aid has a blinding affect. :blink:

No I didn't, the newspaper I linked to in a previous post did. Do you even KNOW about the story involving the Gov. ? Even in the last link Obama claims that some of his staff has had contact with the Gov. Apparently the Obama Kool-Aid has a blinding affect. :blink:

Note: You brought up Obama in a thread that had nothing to do with Obama in post 3, 10 and 11. Obviously baiting someone into a Obama is BAD argument in a thread that has nothing to do with Obama... unfortunately I fell for your little trolling tactic.

His point is that he is still upset that Obama won the election, so he whine about it for the next 4 (possibly 8) years, so that no one will forget it.

Well, there's that too.

I never said Obama did anything wrong. In fact, in post #3, I was talking about the article, that Obama is brought up in. I didn't write that article, I didn't put Obama in that article, and are you gonna sit there and deny that Obama hasn't been part of this story ? I didn't bait anyone, if you choose to open your big yapper on the subject of what my take is on this thing, then that is on you, not me.

Well, there's that too.

I never said Obama did anything wrong.

Then why do you keep implying it? The fact that they had conversations with the gov about who they would like to see as the new senator is far different than offering money for it, yet you keep making the implication. When people look at Nissans on your lot, do you count those as sales, as well?

You have lost all credibility in any political discussion, because you never report facts, merely insinuations. There IS a story here, it is just not about Obama. It is about a governor selling senate seats. Get over it.

Then why do you keep implying it? The fact that they had conversations with the gov about who they would like to see as the new senator is far different than offering money for it, yet you keep making the implication. When people look at Nissans on your lot, do you count those as sales, as well?

You have lost all credibility in any political discussion, because you never report facts, merely insinuations. There IS a story here, it is just not about Obama. It is about a governor selling senate seats. Get over it.

Hmmm, now supplying links to stories about Dems. don't count either? How very partisan of you Red. Those weren't blogs I have been linking, they are AP pieces, or are those guys not credible anymore as well ? This whole Gov. thing has Obama in virtually every story, it is impossible to get away from. So, just to be fair to the Messiah, I will now refer to him as, possible suspect 13, as to not offend your's and west's delicate sensibilities when hearing the "O-word" when there is speculation by the media of wrongdoing. Sorry possible suspect 13.

....and it just so happens I DO count them as sold, until they say "No." In much the same way as I suspect you think all your criminals in Mont. Co. are innocent until proven guilty. <_<:rolleyes:

I think the appropriate response to TJ from here on out is to post a paragraph from his own story link. Here it is...

There are no suggestions that Obama or his aides were involved in the alleged sale of his seat. U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has said prosecutors were making no allegations that Obama was aware of any scheming. And Blagojevich himself, in taped conversations cited by prosecutors, suggested that Obama wouldn't be helpful to him and called him a vulgar term. Even if the governor was to appoint a candidate favored by the Obama team, Blagojevich said, "they're not willing to give me anything except appreciation."

I think the appropriate response to TJ from here on out is to post a paragraph from his own story link. Here it is...

I totally agree with the paragraph. I never said O-whoops possible suspect 13 did anything wrong. All I have implied is that he or his staff DID indeed talk to the Gov.'s office, when Obama was swearing that they hadn't. It was as simple as that.

I totally agree with the paragraph. I never said O-whoops possible suspect 13 did anything wrong. All I have implied is that he or his staff DID indeed talk to the Gov.'s office, when Obama was swearing that they hadn't. It was as simple as that.

Your worse than a gossipy old woman. Are you any relation to Mrs. Kravitz? :lol:

I would like to add that if something like this happened to Bush, the media would all go crazy and start calling Bush a corrupt government official. Just throwing that out there.

Some of us already call him that. Just throwing that out there.

Speaking of Guilt By Association, under TJ's theory that you are as guilty as every lowlife who has ever come into contact with, does this make Sarah Palin a drug dealer?

Bristol Palin's future mother-in-law arrested on 6 felony drug charges.

Some of us already call him that. Just throwing that out there.

Speaking of Guilt By Association, under TJ's theory that you are as guilty as every lowlife who has ever come into contact with, does this make Sarah Palin a drug dealer?

Bristol Palin's future mother-in-law arrested on 6 felony drug charges.

:o This Palin group is starting to look like the cast of "Sordid Lives"

Getting back to the Gov of Illinois...

What exactly did he *do* that was illegal?

Talking about trading a Senate seat for cash, favors, or other compensation is one thing (which to me should be legal free speech)... but actually doing it, is something else entirely (which would be illegal.)

If he has not appointed anyone, then how could he have received any illegal kickbacks or compensation? I mean, I know his plan was elaborate, but he didn't execute it.

Getting back to the Gov of Illinois...

What exactly did he *do* that was illegal?

Talking about trading a Senate seat for cash, favors, or other compensation is one thing (which to me should be legal free speech)... but actually doing it, is something else entirely (which would be illegal.)

If he has not appointed anyone, then how could he have received any illegal kickbacks or compensation? I mean, I know his plan was elaborate, but he didn't execute it.

Soliciting the bribe is also illegal, as is accepting the bribe. However, there are definitely those who suggest that while Blago's attempts to sell the senate seat are horrendously unethical, he may not have actually committed a crime yet. His intent was clear...to benefit from the appointment...but some suggest that he was doing nothing more than is commonly done in politics...a little quid pro quo.

We shall see.

Welcome to Chicago politics, the Machine.

Daly (jr.), Blago, Jackson (jr.), Stroger (jr.), house leader Madigan (father), AG Madgian (daughter) the assembly of aldermen, Obama, et al. This state's dirty laundry is just starting to make national headlines.

My state is a pit of corruption, a panacea for social welfare; high taxes, increasing transportation costs, we've mortgaged our state income for money today in order to pay for broke social programs and growing pension expenses. We've sold or tolls, our lottery, our parking garages and soon our parking meters for money now so we can keep the healthcare open, pour more money into the failing CPS, and keep the children of our long term politicos on the state payroll.

I hope for your sake that our new president doesn't export Chicago style politics and economic disincentives to the rest of you.

Though, if you'd like to help pay my increasing property taxes and the higher state income tax that's sure to come next year, I'll be more than happy to share my pain with you.

We'll all be Illinoisans soon. ;)

• 1 month later...
The man has clearly lost his bearings. Oprah?

Eh? He had to settle for second rate, and got on The View. Oprah wasn't willing to "give" him anything, but Joy Behar agreed to take care of the Gov. in the Greenroom. ;)

Archived