Land For Sale Bordering Southern Trails In Pearland

Timnwendy

It was with sadness that I noticed today that the sign on the land just east of the entrance to Southern Trails had changed. It no longer says that the land is the future site of a church. It now says FOR SALE, Zann Commerical Properties.

The full disclosure of the property can be found here. To summarize: it's a 9.33 acre parcel of land with an asking price of just over $3 million.

Now here is my question for the collective braintrust of HAIF: do you think that is a big enough parcel to build an apartment complex on?

Any info on this is welcome.

I'd wondered what had happened to the church. Before the 518 widening project started, I was never able to really read their sign when I was driving by -- it was too far from the road. Does anyone know who they are/were?

I'd wondered what had happened to the church. Before the 518 widening project started, I was never able to really read their sign when I was driving by -- it was too far from the road. Does anyone know who they are/were?

I seem to recall the church was named "St. Something". I'll look through my old emails and see if I ever discussed it with anyone.

With my limited experiance/knowledge of apartment development I would venture to guess that the average tract is closer to 15 to 20 acres. We tend to build big apartment complexs in the greater Houston area. This is garden style. Now It can definately be done and is more typically in an urban setting but not neccesarely. They can go up with condo style or townhomes more likely on that size of land. I am not very familiar with pearland zoning rules either.

With my limited experiance/knowledge of apartment development I would venture to guess that the average tract is closer to 15 to 20 acres. We tend to build big apartment complexs in the greater Houston area. This is garden style. Now It can definately be done and is more typically in an urban setting but not neccesarely. They can go up with condo style or townhomes more likely on that size of land. I am not very familiar with pearland zoning rules either.

Agree. I think track is quite small for the type of apartment complexes we get around our area. The new Gables on 2234 was built on a 20.44 Acre Plat.

However, there is a piece of land east of Kingsley @ 518 that is around 18-19 Acres that most likely will be develop into apartments This is right accross from ST.

It would be interesting to see if the Church track can be added to some other land behind it and make the track a little bigger; that could change things..... But given the Lowe's and commercial development going next door in the future, most likely that land will go commercial too.

It would be interesting to see if the Church track can be added to some other land behind it and make the track a little bigger; that could change things..... But given the Lowe's and commercial development going next door in the future, most likely that land will go commercial too.

I was talking to my neighbors about the tract of land south of the 9.3 acres Zann is selling (which is just east of where I live in the Sage Meadows section of ST. One of my neighbors said the city has been petitioned to zone it for a residential development called "Ridge Rock". I had not heard of this, but a google search did pull up some city of Pearland meeting minutes from a few months ago in which this is mentioned. I did not recognize the name of the developer making the petition (it wasn't Ashton Woods, at least that I could tell), but it appeared as if Ridge Rock will be a subdivision of single famiily homes like ST. I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled for news of "Ridge Rock" in the months ahead. I'd appreciate it if my fellow HAIF'ers would do the same.

• The title was changed to Land For Sale Bordering Southern Trails In Pearland

Archived