North Of I-10 between Fry Rd. And Greenhouse Rd.

Jim from Katy

North of I-10 between Fry and Greenhouse there is a freshly plowed road. that leads to a huge cleared area where there is a lot of construction activity going on. Does anyone know what is going on there?? By looking at the size of the land it must be a pretty big project maybe housing or a large industrial project??

North of I-10 between Fry and Greenhouse there is a freshly plowed road. that leads to a huge cleared area where there is a lot of construction activity going on. Does anyone know what is going on there?? By looking at the size of the land it must be a pretty big project maybe housing or a large industrial project??

Are you talking about the Greenhouse extension? Or is there more construction other than the road clearing project?

CyKat

• 4 months later...

There is a big Harris County Flood Control District project to widen the channels for Bear Creek and Southmayde Creek, so that they'll hold more water during heavy rainstorms. There is work with bulldozers and lots of dump trucks on that. I took a hike up Bear Creek a couple of days ago and ran into it. I don't know if that's what you're talking about, but that's all I know of in the area.

Photo 1: Bear Creek construction

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Joh...05Creek4dig.jpg

Photo 2: Bear Creek construction

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Joh...onstruction.jpg

Photo 3: Prickly flower with bugs. This is unrelated, I just like the photo. :rolleyes:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Joh...lower12bugs.jpg

Photo 4: One page of several blueprints posted on a construction billboard:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/JohnRich/HCFCD1.jpg

There are lots of beautiful spring flowers out, and a walk along the creek easements is a good way to see them.

• 1 month later...

It is part of the Greenhouse Rd and Park Row Blvd extensions. Greenhouse will now travel south uninterrupted to I-10. Prior, Greenhouse ended at Saums, forcing people to head to either Fry Rd or Barker Cypress Rd to continue south to reach the 1-10. And Park Row was extended also to cross with Greenhouse. Park Row will continue onward to the new Texas Children's hospital and Methodist Hospital now being built. Also, the canals were made wider and new ones added for storm drainage.

As of June 1st, 2009, the roads are now open! I am sure locals will really appreciate the new access.

• 1 month later...

It is part of the Greenhouse Rd and Park Row Blvd extensions. Greenhouse will now travel south uninterrupted to I-10. Prior, Greenhouse ended at Saums, forcing people to head to either Fry Rd or Barker Cypress Rd to continue south to reach the 1-10. And Park Row was extended also to cross with Greenhouse. Park Row will continue onward to the new Texas Children's hospital and Methodist Hospital now being built. Also, the canals were made wider and new ones added for storm drainage.

As of June 1st, 2009, the roads are now open! I am sure locals will really appreciate the new access.

So, when will Park Row extend to Dairy Ashford? I remembe viewing plans a couple of years ago, and it showed Dairy Ashford being extended west (after its turn west near the Conoco Philips complex), towards Katy, connecting up with Park Row. Would help with traffic.

The section of Park Row in which you are refering to is designed and was actually to be constructed prior to the expansion of IH-10 to alleviate traffic in/out of the oil campuses. The only way it was going to be constructed was with a donation from the impacted property owners between SH 6 and Eldridge. This did not happen, so it is still on hold.

• The title was changed to North Of I-10 between Fry Rd. And Greenhouse Rd.

Archived