Kirby Crossing By New Quest Properties

rajuncajun

You have no idea how much you just made my day!

I second that! Yippeee! :lol:

The pad site also shows other buildings, like restaurants (unnamed). We could get some more interesting choices nearby.

Does anyone know the start date and projected completion date of this construction? I couldn't find it in the brocure, unless I missed it.

Does anyone know the start date and projected completion date of this construction? I couldn't find it in the brocure, unless I missed it.

If they secured Lowes and Walgreens as showed on the brochure, I expect them to start pretty soon, probably after 518 work is done.

On a side note, it seems lik work on the 288 feeders between 2234 & 518 has already started. It can't be ready soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
There is already a Walgreens at the corner of kirby and SC Parkway. Crazy that they'll put another 2 miles away.

The Walgreens and CVS at SC Parkway are better located, since they are very close to the future hospital site. Having another Walgreens that close by is almost as strange as having multiple Chase Bank branches in Silverlake and in front of the new Kroger.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Looks like we're getting a Lowe's.......

http://docs.newquest.com/brochures/kirbcross.pdf

I noticed the pdf brochure (above) has an updated date of April 3rd, 2009 on it. It shows the land just south of the site with the annotation of "Alvin ISD High School", and that wasn't announced until mid-March 2009. So if they are still updating this brochure then it seems logical that the project is still moving forward, albeit slowly.

If anybody can find out more on this, let me know. I'd love to know when they will break ground. The news release portion of the Lowe's website has never made mentioned this potential new store. :(

I talked to a regional manager of Lowe's and he said they weren't sitting on the land with no plans to build yet. Said they take their time and make sure it's the best investment. But who knows...

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Kirby Crossing By New Quest Properties

Archived