Happy Talk Like A Somali Pirate Day!

RedScare

Maybe it is the time of morning that I am reading this, but I can't stop laughing at the deadly serious Somali pirates hijacking an oil tanker. The latest object of my amusement involves the Indian Navy sinking the Somali pirate 'Mother Ship'.

Then there are all the descriptions of the absurdity of pirates seizing an oil tanker in the first place, with the thought that they would get away with it. My favorite description is that this is an example of the 'dog catching the car'. What does he then do with it?

The Chronicle energy blogger collected several quotes on the matter, including a faux financial analysis of the Somali pirates...

The folks at Houston investment bank Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. are considered pretty sharp when it comes to following the energy business. They also happen to be pretty funny, which makes their daily research notes welcome in most e-mail in boxes.

Today they shared some thoughts on the recent news of Somali pirates hijacking a Saudi supertanker out at sea:

"Not often that solid execution of plan is a big negative...but this is a clear case of dog catching car. ..... Kudos to pirates for thinking big...but demerits for thinking too big as this won't end well. Investment rating: Somali pirates = Strong Sell."

Other potential headlines are included in the blog.

http://blogs.chron.com/newswatchenergy/arc...e_humor_co.html

Archived