You all MUST check out this house Saturday

LarryDallas

I was at an estate sale today at 1826 South Blvd. 77098 and it was like going back in time several decades. Well, it was a little more special for me cause I went to Poe Elem. School just a 1/2 block away when I was a kid and must have ridden my bike past this house a million times in the 80s.

Anyway, the house was built in 1931 and is compeletly historic. Just walking though the rooms you get a feel of how life must have been for the well to do Houstonian of the 1st half of the 20th century.

The house is up for sale for just over a million bucks and I am sure the next owner will just demolish it and build a 4,000 sq ft monster on the lot. It belonged to the late Dr. Rudolpho Miliani. Scroll down this page to read the Chronicle article about him.

http://kathmanduk2.wordpress.com/2008/08/1...ance-8-17-2008/

He was a pretty amazing fellow and I kind of felt sad to see his stuff being sold off and the fate of the house being what it is compounded it.

I think they close at 5 on Saturday but it is definately worth the drive.

BTW, I am NOT affiliated with the estate sale in any way, I am NOT promoting their sale, and I DO NOT market anything being sold.

I AM saying it is a wonderful chance for people on this board who appreciate old Houston homes to check one out. The bathroom on the second floor was stunning....looked all origional and such craftsmanship in there. I wish I win the lottery Saturday.....I'd buy that place and restore her to her former glory.

I was at an estate sale today at 1826 South Blvd.77098 and it was like going back in time several decades. Well, it was a little more special for me cause I went to Poe Elem. School just a 1/2 block away when I was a kid and must have ridden my bike past this house a million times in the 80s.

My old zip code... lived there when I first moved to Houston in 2002. ^_^

Archived