Canadian Newspaper Article On Houston

editor

A newspaper in New Brunswick did an article over the weekend about Houston:

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/trav.../article/480642

Houston loves Canadians.

Being the headquarters for numerous oil and gas companies, Houston has a lot to do with Canada's oil and gas capital, Calgary, and our commerce capital, Toronto.

As a result most of Air Canada's three-times-a-day flights from each Calgary and Toronto are full of mostly corporate travellers.

"We want to become a leisure destination for Canadians too," says Franz. "We have a year-round warm climate, so it will probably start with business travellers staying for an extra day and golfing or deciding to bring their family with them."

Go Canada!

(I grew up in Canada)

EDIT: I just realized Porchman mentioned me. Yeah I'll get right on it! :)

Last time I was in Canada, an Vietnamese guy told me he heard Houston was cool, and some medical professionals told me they were impressed by the Medical Center. So certain demographics and people from certain professions definitely know about H-Town. The rest of Canadians unfortunately don't know as much about Houston as much as San Francisco or New York or LA or Chicago...

A newspaper in New Brunswick did an article over the weekend about Houston:

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/trav.../article/480642

The article is accurate, I worked with a bunch of Canadians from Alberta, a big oil & gas province. And the University in Calgary supplies Houston with a great deal of geology/ pipeline -related talent.

Yeah, now Canada needs to move its Consulat General from Dallas to our much more expansive consulate corps. Jax, can you work on this?

Canada could simply upgrade what it has in Uptown Houston to consulate general. That way Canada has two in Texas.

• The title was changed to Canadian Newspaper Article On Houston

Archived