Best New Restaurant In Katy

lorlind

For those of you looking for an excellent and romantic steakhouse, try the new Allie's Steakhouse and Piano Bar off Grand Parkway - formerly where Candela and Las Rosas was.

My husband and I went there last night for our anniversary. We were a little hesitant to try it since it's new, but we were more than pleased with it. In fact, I would put it up against any other steakhouse in all of Houston. Don't let the high prices scare you off -their steaks are worth twice that amount! Apparently they use something called Sterling Silver steaks from the Northern Plains. It was the best steak either of us have ever eaten in our entire lives! Melt in your mouth goodness!

Beyond that - everything about the place impressed us. Impeccable service, perfectly brewed iced tea that we never had to ask for a refill on, the best homemade desserts (I'm still dreaming about the white chocolate mousse - decadent!) and the decor is intimate and romantic - with the piano player adding just the right touch!!

Please try this place - I want them to stay in business for a very long time!! Katy has needed something like this.

Oh - and you can be welcomed in a dress or comfy blue jeans!

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you looking for an excellent and romantic steakhouse, try the new Allie's Steakhouse and Piano Bar off Grand Parkway - formerly where Candela and Las Rosas was.

My husband and I went there last night for our anniversary. We were a little hesitant to try it since it's new, but we were more than pleased with it. In fact, I would put it up against any other steakhouse in all of Houston. Don't let the high prices scare you off -their steaks are worth twice that amount! Apparently they use something called Sterling Silver steaks from the Northern Plains. It was the best steak either of us have ever eaten in our entire lives! Melt in your mouth goodness!

Beyond that - everything about the place impressed us. Impeccable service, perfectly brewed iced tea that we never had to ask for a refill on, the best homemade desserts (I'm still dreaming about the white chocolate mousse - decadent!) and the decor is intimate and romantic - with the piano player adding just the right touch!!

Please try this place - I want them to stay in business for a very long time!! Katy has needed something like this.

Oh - and you can be welcomed in a dress or comfy blue jeans!

Where exactly is it on the Grand Parkway?

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't checked out the restaurant yet, but I did sign up to be on the email list, and got a new year's eve dinner special (or lack thereof) they are having... was kinda shocked at the prices that they quoted on the prix fixe dinner menu for the evening that they offered... $150 per person (before tax and 18% grat) for seatings after 8pm. Granted that wine pairings are included (doesn't mention what labels of wine... I imagine its not the pricey ones), but in this economy and given that this restaurant opened recently and doesn't even have a reputation yet, I can't imagine too many families out in the burbs shelling out for this event... A better marketing strategy would have been to offer a really low price so you would have tons of bookings and to get the word out... can't see this restaurant lasting halfway through 2009 with this type of marketing...

• 5 months later...
can't see this restaurant lasting halfway through 2009 with this type of marketing...

Indeed.

My wife and I stopped there for dessert a few weeks back and it seemed to be doing well that night.

To what degree did that sign hurt them do you think?

Indeed.

My wife and I stopped there for dessert a few weeks back and it seemed to be doing well that night.

To what degree did that sign hurt them do you think?

I'm assuming that you are referring to the fact that Allie's did close up shop? Never tried the place, but it is unfortunate when a business owner puts it on the line and doesn't succeed. I'm sure with the arrival of Perry's at lacenterra, it was probably even more difficult. Actually went to this Perry's this past weekend for the first time. I had been to the one in Sugar Land and this one is definitely smaller but on par in terms of decor and ambiance. It definitely is the nicest restaurant we have in Katy (and priciest too).

I'm assuming that you are referring to the fact that Allie's did close up shop?

Yeah, they are gone. I agree it is unfortunate when someone doesn't make it.

Re: the sign, my wife said that it sent a mixed message... it was more suited to a barbecue place than a nice sit-down restaurant with cloth napkins, etc.

No real surprise here. The gigantic, bright yellow sign on Grand Parkway that was basically a bunch of 4x4s in the ground with plywood attached to it made me tell myself that I would never go there. What kind of fancy steak place advertises like that? They were littering Grand Parkway with that sign...it was horrible.

Wasn't Las Rosas in that location before the steakhouse? It didn't last long either. Maybe it is the location?? Who knows.

Comparing Perry's steakhouse to this place is an insult to Perry's - just because of the horrible sign that Allie's had alone!

Wasn't Las Rosas in that location before the steakhouse? It didn't last long either. Maybe it is the location?? Who knows.

Yes, same place that Las Rosas moved to before it quickly went out. Prior to that is was a Latin/Puerto Rican place but I can't remember the name. The center is littered with mis-matched signage on the building you can't even tell what is there. Add to that the lack of ordinances or regulation by the landlord to keep all the tacky banners and signs placed by his tenants from in front of the center gives the place a crappy, low-end feel. Definately not where I would picture a mid to high level steak-house.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest simplifiedIT
Yes, same place that Las Rosas moved to before it quickly went out. Prior to that is was a Latin/Puerto Rican place but I can't remember the name.
It was actually a Cuban restaurant called Candela.

Sorry to learn Allie's didn't make it, BUT, it was in the crappest place on the Grand Parkway (Times Square).

And after Allies put that huge tacky sign along the roadside 1,000 feet before the shopping center was enough for me to NEVER visit Allies, or any other establishment in this craphole. And let me say this, we eat out 3-4 times a week and the prices reportedly charged at Allies were not an issue, location was.

Until the slumlord owning this shopping center cleans the place up, other businesses will continue to fail in this craphole.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to learn Allie's didn't make it, BUT, it was in the crappest place on the Grand Parkway (Times Square).

And after Allies put that huge tacky sign along the roadside 1,000 feet before the shopping center was enough for me to NEVER visit Allies, or any other establishment in this craphole. And let me say this, we eat out 3-4 times a week and the prices reportedly charged at Allies were not an issue, location was.

Until the slumlord owning this shopping center cleans the place up, other businesses will continue to fail in this craphole.

I didn't realize this place was closed - the web site is still online.

I went there twice - and swore to never go again.

The bar was nice and the drinks were great.

The food was mediocre and not worth the price. The beef is Salt Grass quality or worse. The slop that they passed as vegetable medley was gross. The compound butter that they put on the steaks (or on the side) was gross, way too much blue cheese in it. The Beef Wellington appetizer was just sausage wrapped in pastry (not advertised as so) although it had a good taste.

The food and atmosphere was garbage compared to Perry's and they charged Perry prices.

If you think this is the best place in Katy, you have horrible taste or a vested interest in the joint.

• The title was changed to Best New Restaurant In Katy

Archived