Decent Body Shop In The Heights?

Does anyone know of a reasonable and good quality auto shop where I could get a new bumper for a Toyota Corolla? The structural part is fine, I just need the aesthetic part. Bonus points if the paint will match and the process is virtually hassle-free. I can find bumpers online but who has the time?

I have had repeat good experiences with Metropolitan Collision on 16th, just west of Durham. Though they may specialize in certain kinds of cars (see their website), which may mean they're not a good fit - but I'd suggest you at least call them for an estimate.

I just wish I could find somewhere I like as much for routine work as I like Metropolitan for body work.

Metropolitan is not merely the best body shop in the Heights. Metropolitan is the best body shop in the Greater Houston metropolitan area. I've seen them work repeated miracles on high-end cars, and their customer service is great. Many of the high-end European dealerships sub out their body work to Metropolitan.

Having said that, it would not surprise me at all if they would tell you a cheaper shop could take care of your bumper cover on your Corolla. Expect it to take longer than you might think. Auto paint takes a long time to cure.

^Several years ago I was hit and agreed to have my car taken there (closest on the list of the other person's insurance pro shops).

In a nutshell, the work took a long time and was done crappy. I left my car longer to have it fixed, and it wasn't the second time around. The third time a manager got involved and it was okay, but a couple months later down the road I noticed evidence of the poor workmanship.

This was several years ago, so maybe something changed.

• The title was changed to Decent Body Shop In The Heights?