Katy Steak And Seafood Closed

RWReagen

I was a bit saddened to see Katy Steak and Seafood had closed. They were on North Fry Rd in the shopping center with Schlotsky's. It was nothing spectacular and was never crowded but the food was always excellent and at a great price. The few times my wife and I went everyone was very friendly and eager to please. The first time we went, the owner/chef came out and visited with us and even made me a free drink at the bar that we were discussing. The server even remembered us the next time we came and gave us discount cards. That counts for a lot in my book. They say most restaurants don't survive more than a year and I guess they had a little better run than that.

Edited by RWReagen

I was a bit saddened to see Katy Steak and Seafood had closed. They were on North Fry Rd in the shopping center with Schlotsky's. It was nothing spectacular and was never crowded but the food was always excellent and at a great price. The few times my wife and I went everyone was very friendly and eager to please. The first time we went, the owner/chef came out and visited with us and even made me a free drink at the bar that we were discussing. The server even remembered us the next time we came and gave us discount cards. That counts for a lot in my book. They say most restaurants don't survive more than a year and I guess they had a little better run than that.

I live in Katy and never heard of it. Maybe they should have advertised a bit more.

You know what they say about the squeeky wheel...... It sounds like a place my wife and I would have enjoyed.

CyKat

We have lived in the area and never heard of the place either - and I LOVE steak and seafood. It seems a lot of restaurants are good on service, food quality, value, etc, but really lack on promotion and advertising. You have to get the people in the door!

• The title was changed to Katy Steak And Seafood Closed