Circuit City stores close for good Sunday March 8th

BryanS

As of today.

50% off games

30% off game accessories

30% off game consoles Xbox 360 GB systems were still in stock.

30% off televisions

50% off movie/tv shows and music

10% off Apple merchandise

50% off games

40% off game accessories

30% off televisions

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know if the San Felipe/610 location is still open? Thinkin about seeing what TVs are left. Their phone message still has regular store hours, don't know if that's old news or what.

It is still open. They still have some stuff, a few tvs. Good place to get blank DVDs, cables, and ipod accessories. Headphones too. The music and movies are down to absolute crap. If you have an HP printer go loot some ink, too. I looked for our Epson ink but they had nothing. They did still have printers.

Anyone know if the San Felipe/610 location is still open? Thinkin about seeing what TVs are left. Their phone message still has regular store hours, don't know if that's old news or what.

I was there yesterday - got a Sony LCD for 40% off - they have a handful of TVs left - I would say 5 or 6 boxed units, plus the display units. I bought my TV on Friday and there were about 20 available - so they sold a bunch of them on Friday...

There were alot of people milling around and a long line at the one cash register.

I was there yesterday. Bought some decent headphones for $10.

The TVs they had were too big for me. The cheapest one was like $500 which might have been a good deal considering the size but still more than I had to spend. :(

Internet stories/rumors are signaling an early closure. Sales are well ahead of schedule.

This Sunday March 8th is the last day for Circuit City to be in business.

The West Oaks Mall location is already closed.

50% off games

40% off game accessories

30% off televisions

So, they are 100% closing this Sunday

70% off games, mostly PC

60-80% off game accessories

40% off the 5 remaining refurbished Xbox 360 GB systems. ($179)

40% off televisions, like 5 or 6 remaining floor models

70% off movie/tv shows and music, looks like they received a delivery of Ugly Betty Season 1, Indiana Jones: and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, American Mall (silly kids HSM type movie), Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix, Don't Mess with the Zohan, and the rest was pretty random but decent. American Mall soundtrack was plentiful if the kids like that stuff, as well as American Idol artists.

10% off Apple merchandise All gone

Also, tons of wall mounts for flat panel televisions, blank media, HDD's and what may become a collectors item, Firedog energy drink, not kidding, for $0.66.

Line was short when I came in, but it seems everyone stopped in after work, and then it got really long. Go during the day if you want to check things out.

The ads I saw on TV for the Circuit City sale didn't seem like they were really all that interested in liquidating the inventory. When Bed, Bath & Beyond went out of business toward the end you could get EVERYTHING for at least 50% off, and most things for 80+% off. Circuit City always had restrictions and limitations. Most notably, Apple products were never discounted more than 10%, and cameras never more than 30% and that was only for select models.

When the first Circuit City closings happened a couple of years ago I was able to score some Apple products at 50% off. I wonder why CC decided to hold back this time. My only guess is that it's hoping to get better prices from liquidators than the public.

The ads I saw on TV for the Circuit City sale didn't seem like they were really all that interested in liquidating the inventory. When Bed, Bath & Beyond went out of business toward the end you could get EVERYTHING for at least 50% off, and most things for 80+% off. Circuit City always had restrictions and limitations. Most notably, Apple products were never discounted more than 10%, and cameras never more than 30% and that was only for select models.

When the first Circuit City closings happened a couple of years ago I was able to score some Apple products at 50% off. I wonder why CC decided to hold back this time. My only guess is that it's hoping to get better prices from liquidators than the public.

You mean Linens N Things right?

As for Circuit City I guess the liquidators know that they could sell most of the mechandise with low price cuts, and they did, at least in Houston stores.

Our good friends at the Houston Chronicle posted an article about the death of the U.S. Circuit City: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6300358.html

Bell Canada is buying the Canadian The Source by Circuit City stores.

It's a standard AP story, CNN.com and many others posted this also. It was pretty much fixtures on the last day.

• 2 months later...

Archived