Brownstone morphing into Hideaway Cantina?

Because with Chuy's, Taco Milagro, Cafe Adobe, Armando's and to a lesser extent Pan y Agua does this neighborhood really need another Tex-Mex joint? I understand the owner is the original owner of Cafe Adobe and of the late, lamented Oasis on Lake Travis, so this may be what he does best, but isn't it just a little overkill?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as I've read in the West Ave. threads; Chuy's lease is set to expire and its gonna move most likely, so -1 Tex-Mex place that is always packed nightly (at least as far as parking goes)...

Even though there are a lot of Tex Mex places if they all keep getting business, more will open to compete. And they WILL get business... a lot of residences are opening in that area including 2727 Kirby, the Bell Meade and West Ave (which will have its own restaurants, but I'm sure there will be times when the residents there want to venture out elsewhere). That's 600 new residences and at least that number plus more living there as potential clients.

There is also supposed to be a Lounge opening called the Red Room. Not sure if this will be connected to the Hide Away, or near it...

• 2 weeks later...

Beau Theriot is the owner of the Brownstone, and the original owner of Cafe Adobe( which went straight down after he sold it), so if Chuy's is going to close I would imagine that it will do just fine...

As for Armando's , I used to love the place in the 80s when it was on Shepherd @San Felipe, but I have not read one positive thing since it moved in to the od River Oaks grill location...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived