You want WHAT for Christmas?

ricco67

Okay, copy and paste of my daughter's conversation:

Duct Tape said:

http://gizmodo.com/5066013/limited-edition...hat-we-expected

Duct Tape said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad?

Duct Tape said:

Can I have a good investmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent?

Rick said:

I love you baby, but no.

Duct Tape says:

PLEEEEASE? Look at this!

Duct Tape says:

http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/produ....ognc?ID=136291

Rick says:

Oh good lord!

Duct Tape says:

Look at the picture!

Duct Tape says:

and zoom!

Rick says:

Do I KNOW you?

Duct Tape says:

yes

Duct Tape says:

I'm sure

Duct Tape says:

if you don't

Duct Tape says:

I have a psychological evaluation you can look at.

How in the world did they find this, and damned if it wasn't tempting for ME to buy for myself!

I appreciate a youngster's interest in anyting pre-1995. But don't forget: the correct answer to "Beatles or Stones?" is "The Who".

My eight year old loves The Beatles. She also loves The Monkees. Hey, she's eight. For a long time her favorite song was "All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks, and last week I heard her singing The Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated". I can't begin to describe how happy that made me.

My eight year old loves The Beatles. She also loves The Monkees. Hey, she's eight. For a long time her favorite song was "All Day and All of the Night" by The Kinks, and last week I heard her singing The Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated". I can't begin to describe how happy that made me.

When I was eight I had a crush on Mike Nesmith from the watching the reruns. From there it progressed to the Ramones in junior high. I can totally relate.

Even the Kinks, interesting. Your daughter likes loud music with a lot of distortion and a heavy backbeat. That she can dance to. Could be dangerous. That's all I'm sayin.

Or perhaps certain people on here can help you out by letting you "borrow" mp3-cd's with all their beetles' albums on them, or uploading/emailing mp3 cd tracks of their album collection. Then you can put together one for only the price of an iPod and still make your daughter happy - and not have to sell that kidney.

It would be the Haify thing to do.

I only have their album "1's"

Pm sent. ;)

Edited by Jeebus

Or perhaps certain people on here can help you out by letting you "borrow" mp3-cd's with all their beetles' albums on them, or uploading/emailing mp3 cd tracks of their album collection. Then you can put together one for only the price of an iPod and still make your daughter happy - and not have to sell that kidney.

It would be the Haify thing to do.

I only have their album "1's"

Pm sent. ;)

wow, what a good idea Jeebus! I would be happy to cut in on that.

I think its the fact that it's an item that she would treasure. HOWEVER, she already has EVERY Beatles song made. She "discovered them" sometime last year (which explains her "Hard Day's Night shirt"). So she is not lacking the music, she just wants the IPOD plus all the goodies. She even strongly suggested that I FEDex the thing to Ringo before he stops signing autographs as well as to Paul.

Thanks for the offer guys, though. I appreciate it. :)

Tell her the iPod is technology, and all technology is rapidly replaced. She will cherish it for a few months, maybe even a few years, but there will come a day in the not too distant future when that iPod will be as useless as a buggy whip.

I think its the fact that it's an item that she would treasure. HOWEVER, she already has EVERY Beatles song made. She "discovered them" sometime last year (which explains her "Hard Day's Night shirt"). So she is not lacking the music, she just wants the IPOD plus all the goodies. She even strongly suggested that I FEDex the thing to Ringo before he stops signing autographs as well as to Paul.

Thanks for the offer guys, though. I appreciate it. :)

I wouldn't FedEx ANYTHING to Ringo. He would probably keep it! :o