Take the HAIFinance Challenge

editor

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apple is up 33%. . . and can only go higher pending the iPhone refresh.

Apple has finally passed my break-even point from my investment last year. I hope it goes up another 33%. And I wish I hadn't foolishly sold it several years back when it was in the low 30's. Sell low, buy high, that's my motto.

I'm so far back in last place, I've already been lapped once by half the field and Tjones is about $500 something away from lapping me again.

It appears that you've basically lost it all. Out of a $1000 investment, you only have $17 remaining. -98.3% return.

• 3 months later...

The graph only works if all the stocks prices are working properly.

I fixed the issue of BE Bearing Point's ticker changing yet again.

I can't find a new symbol for ZIPI nor do i even know what that company is. IF you can direct me to a google or yahoo finance page showing the new data for that stock, i can get the page up and running again.

EDIT: Found it. It is up and running again.

Urbannerd, with his 1 bar of Gold, is kicking our asses.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p8I...rIUzZ-UPTcjeyXw

It's amazing that while the Dow has slipped 2100 pnts since we started, Tjones and BryanS have made money.

With Apple $80 more than when I had this last, it would be interesting to see how we all stand.

The spreadsheet is busted again.

• 1 year later...

I just gave the ol spreadsheet an update.

I don't know what to do about the AIG twins. Their totals are wrong.

When they bought AIG back on Oct 17, 2008, they did so at 2.1 a share. But now, if you look up AIG on google finance, and look back to that date, it says it was 42 a share, which is pretty much in line with today's price.

Anybody know what happened.. If I change their original buy price, would that make it correct.

2 years later, that makes 20thdad the big winner with his Ford and GM stocks, upping his portfolio 600%

-Edit - I just remembered the recent GM Stock sale... did all of 20th's stock go bye-bye before the recent IPO ?

I just gave the ol spreadsheet an update.

I don't know what to do about the AIG twins. Their totals are wrong.

When they bought AIG back on Oct 17, 2008, they did so at 2.1 a share. But now, if you look up AIG on google finance, and look back to that date, it says it was 42 a share, which is pretty much in line with today's price.

Anybody know what happened.. If I change their original buy price, would that make it correct.

2 years later, that makes 20thdad the big winner with his Ford and GM stocks, upping his portfolio 600%

-Edit - I just remembered the recent GM Stock sale... did all of 20th's stock go bye-bye before the recent IPO ?

The GM stock would have been converted to something else, something that sounded government owned. I didn't keep watching it up to the IPO to see what would have happened there. I would hope it would carry on as GM but IPO rules might prevent that for whatever reason.

But the Ford stuff is for real...I actually went real-world on that one, though not quite as low as at the beginning of this thread. Another big real world winner was snagging some Apple at $96.

The GM stock would have been converted to something else, something that sounded government owned. I didn't keep watching it up to the IPO to see what would have happened there. I would hope it would carry on as GM but IPO rules might prevent that for whatever reason.

But the Ford stuff is for real...I actually went real-world on that one, though not quite as low as at the beginning of this thread. Another big real world winner was snagging some Apple at $96.

Old GM stock was converted to something called Motors Liquidation Company, apparently. It's effectively worthless per these articles, but for some reason keeps trading

http://money.cnn.com...ebuzz/index.htm

http://www.fool.com/...that-risky.aspx

Edit: OK, so the second article only mentions it briefly

Archived