Bill Heard Chevrolet Going Out of Business

reading some other sites out there it sounds like their entire dealer group was one of the most shady out there and it sounds like the real issue is that GMAC pulled their floor plan financing and after that, and with their current reputation, no other lender would touch them so no floor plan means no dealer

reading some other sites out there it sounds like their entire dealer group was one of the most shady out there and it sounds like the real issue is that GMAC pulled their floor plan financing and after that, and with their current reputation, no other lender would touch them so no floor plan means no dealer

That is EXACTLY what happened, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of scumbags. Good Riddance Bill Heard. The name for LandMark in the business is actually LandShark, as they were notorious for putting ANYBODY in a car then pulling them out of it and keeping down payments after their victims wouldn't accept the car or truck that they were actually "approved" on.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

They were the worst of the worst. I can only say I'm glad I had the opportunity to take advantage of them for a 1 month long bailment on an Avalanche LTZ. I planned on buying it for an employee, but they pissed me off.

They've screwed every customer over. They sold my parents a car in 2001 and told them it was a traditional finance when it was really a 48 month lease. They literally lied to them and said "that is just terminology used in reference to the finance". So when my poor mother thought she was sending in her last payment, she was informed she owned another $20,000 on the car that was 28k when they bought it and had paid out 21k on it in payments.

I say again, good riddance.

So does that mean i can get a good deal for Z06 vette if i paid cash for it? Maybe deal with the owner directly...no sense in letting the cars sit on the lot for the next several weeks..haha. They should start selling these cars/trucks and get something for it.

If they actually had any of the titles on hand, I'd be tempted to do something like that, but all their cars are on their warehouse line so the bank holds the titles.

• 5 months later...

While I don't relish the loss of jobs and the families it affects, I can't help but wonder if this is really a good thing. Houston has the opportunity to reclaim countless square miles/acres of highway-frontage roads to do something better with than have it littered with car dealerships.

Archived