Wi-Fi In The Heights

As one who has "partial" electricity, I was wondering if some of the local coffee shops are open which have wireless internet.. BW3's in midtown is too far to drive just to check a few emails..

I know Waldo's had wireless, but I don't know if they are open..

I know Antidote is open, but I don't know if they have wireless..

Any other Heights haunts?

Cheers!

As one who has "partial" electricity, I was wondering if some of the local coffee shops are open which have wireless internet.. BW3's in midtown is too far to drive just to check a few emails..

I know Waldo's had wireless, but I don't know if they are open..

I know Antidote is open, but I don't know if they have wireless..

Any other Heights haunts?

Cheers!

Antidote has wireless. We have a couple friends who have been getting online over there.

Just barely past the Heights proper, but the St*rb*cks at I-10 and Durham has wifi.

Thanks for the references.. Maybe I'll hit Antidote since it's the most convenient for me.. Does Onion Creek wireless reach outside on the patio? Burger, beer & wifi... mmmmm...

I hadn't been to a starbucks in a number of years.. they used to make you sign up with T-mobile and you had to pay like 10$/mo or something ridiculous like that..

Thanks for the references.. Maybe I'll hit Antidote since it's the most convenient for me.. Does Onion Creek wireless reach outside on the patio? Burger, beer & wifi... mmmmm...

I hadn't been to a starbucks in a number of years.. they used to make you sign up with T-mobile and you had to pay like 10$/mo or something ridiculous like that..

The Starbucks options are kind of in transition these days. But it boils down to these options:

• T-Mobile pay-as-you-go is $6.00 for the first hour or portion thereof, plus 10 cents per minute after the first hour.
  • T-Mobile day pass is $9.99 for 24 hours.
  • T-Mobile will tack on unlimited wifi to an existing T-Mobile phone account for $19.99/month.
  • T-Mobile unlimited monthly plan is $29.99/month with a one-year contract.
  • T-Mobile unlimited monthly plan is $39.99/month with no contract.
  • AT&T wifi is free if you have AT&T DSL service
  • AT&T wifi is free for one session of up to 2 hours each day if you have a Starbucks card that you use once a month. If you're just an occasional surfer, this is the best deal because you can spend $3.00 once a month and get 2 hours of wifi each day all month, plus you get a coffee.
  • AT&T has a wifi-only monthly plan that is $19.99/month.
  • AT&T has a wifi-only day pass, but I can't find the price online. I think it's something like $3.99.
  • Both AT&T and T-Mobile have wifi roaming partners.

Berryhill on 11th has wifi.

Really? Wow.. We practically live there and I didn't know that.. Cheap fish taco and a margarita might win out over the Burger and beer.. hmmm

The Starbucks options are kind of in transition these days. But it boils down to these options:

• T-Mobile pay-as-you-go is $6.00 for the first hour or portion thereof, plus 10 cents per minute after the first hour.
  • T-Mobile day pass is $9.99 for 24 hours.
  • T-Mobile will tack on unlimited wifi to an existing T-Mobile phone account for $19.99/month.
  • T-Mobile unlimited monthly plan is $29.99/month with a one-year contract.
  • T-Mobile unlimited monthly plan is $39.99/month with no contract.
  • AT&T wifi is free if you have AT&T DSL service
  • AT&T wifi is free for one session of up to 2 hours each day if you have a Starbucks card that you use once a month. If you're just an occasional surfer, this is the best deal because you can spend $3.00 once a month and get 2 hours of wifi each day all month, plus you get a coffee.
  • AT&T has a wifi-only monthly plan that is $19.99/month.
  • AT&T has a wifi-only day pass, but I can't find the price online. I think it's something like $3.99.
  • Both AT&T and T-Mobile have wifi roaming partners.

So it's more expensive than I thought.. why use starbuck's when there are so many other options which are free? And it's almost scary you know all that.. :P

Edited by Zippy

So it's more expensive than I thought.. why use starbuck's when there are so many other options which are free? And it's almost scary you know all that.. :P

I use Starbucks because it's reliable and ubiquitous, it's also free since I have AT&T DSL.

Even if you don't have AT&T, for the casual user, $3.00/month isn't all that expensive for access to several hundred thousand wifi hot spots around the globe. Random Joe's Korner Kafe can't do that.

I use Starbucks because it's reliable and ubiquitous, it's also free since I have AT&T DSL.

Even if you don't have AT&T, for the casual user, $3.00/month isn't all that expensive for access to several hundred thousand wifi hot spots around the globe. Random Joe's Korner Kafe can't do that.

Hmm.I've had ATT DSL for years and was unaware of that benefit. How do you access it?

Hmm.I've had ATT DSL for years and was unaware of that benefit. How do you access it?

You use the e-mail address and password you got when you signed up with AT&T. For example: f.flintstone@ameritech.net or barneyr@sbcglobal.net

For some people it's already activated. For me, I had to call customer service to have it activated on my account, but it only took a couple of minutes

You use the e-mail address and password you got when you signed up with AT&T. For example: f.flintstone@ameritech.net or barneyr@sbcglobal.net

For some people it's already activated. For me, I had to call customer service to have it activated on my account, but it only took a couple of minutes

Good to know.. I've not had problems using other establishments' internet access.. It just sours me that even for $3 a month seems odd since I would not be using it every day.. of course.. $6 coffee is expensive too.. :)

but I do have a sbcglobal account.. so maybe I could check that route if I were in a bind..

Cheers!

• The title was changed to Wi-Fi In The Heights?
  • The title was changed to Wi-Fi In The Heights