Mayor Bill White's performance during Ike

Karick42

Mayor's Performace  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Mayor Bill White's performance during the Hurricane?

• Outstanding Job
    • Good Job
    • Just Okay
    • Poor Job
    • Not Even Worth Answering

Actually, I commute from Katy to the Galleria area and I noticed cones at a majority of the intersections. Not just along TxDot ROW...but on city streets. I think there was an effort being made by the COH streets department to maintain some type of control at the intersections without flashing lights.

come to the se side...you can see the police officers in the cvs parking lot at bay area and el camino watching the traffic struggle through the intersection....maybe i should come into work later to verify whether they actually leave their cars??

come to the se side...you can see the police officers in the cvs parking lot at bay area and el camino watching the traffic struggle through the intersection....maybe i should come into work later to verify whether they actually leave their cars??

I go back and forth on whether or not the police directing traffic make a difference at flashing red and no-power intersections. Oftentimes I think the traffic backs up more with them there because they tend to "clear out" one direction at a time, and you just sit there forever between "cycles." However, the 4-way stop at least keeps you creeping along, and so psychologically it is better IMO.

With them just watching the intersections, it tends to keep people honest and alert.

I go back and forth on whether or not the police directing traffic make a difference at flashing red and no-power intersections. Oftentimes I think the traffic backs up more with them there because they tend to "clear out" one direction at a time, and you just sit there forever between "cycles." However, the 4-way stop at least keeps you creeping along, and so psychologically it is better IMO.

With them just watching the intersections, it tends to keep people honest and alert.

I went through the same intersections on Tuesday and Wednesday at the same time of day each day. Yesterday it took me a few minutes longer when the police were directing traffic than it did on Tuesday when everyone was treating the intersections as 4-way stops. The line waiting was noticeably longer. I don't think they could see that they were backing up traffic past the next block. I prefer when they don't try to direct traffic.

Archived