Movie trivia

Anyone recall the chant of the crowd in the original version of the film "Rollerball"? Rousing!

I vaguely recall sneaking into that film at Allen Center (1975). Maybe saw a few scenes than crept away. The movie poster was very cool for its time. James Caan was still a box office draw.

Keep asking movie related questions. I too have hundreds of unanswered questions I cannot find on IMDB. The death scenes were bizarre for 75' thats the only reason we had to see it! :rolleyes:

rollerball_ver2.jpg

Jonathan.....Jonathan.......Jonathan.....Jonathan....Jonathan.......Jonathan

I still consider that to be Houston's first real sports championship!

I am going to go by the best of my memory of other films popular at that time (& at the same theater) and here goes...

The Longest Yard

The Man with the Golden Gun

The Goodbye Girl

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Gumball Rally

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Smokey & The Bandit

The Exorcist - reissued

Car Wash

:)

I am going to go by the best of my memory of other films popular at that time (& at the same theater) and here goes...

The Longest Yard

The Man with the Golden Gun

The Goodbye Girl

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Gumball Rally

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Smokey & The Bandit

The Exorcist - reissued

Car Wash

:)

In 1975, there was a movie called, A Boy and His Dog, a low-budget science fiction and dark comedy flick starring a young Don Johnson of Miami Vice fame. Over the years, it has developed a cult following. To this day, it has one of the most wickedest ending I have ever seen in a movie.

Some producer out there should remake this movie. With the right production, it would do well.

In 1975, there was a movie called, A Boy and His Dog, a low-budget science fiction and dark comedy flick starring a young Don Johnson of Miami Vice fame. Over the years, it has developed a cult following. To this day, it has one of the most wickedest ending I have ever seen in a movie.

Some producer out there should remake this movie. With the right production, it would do well.

Saw it once at the midnight flicks. A young (if you can believe it) Don Johnson stars and the dog is very eeriely sexually deprived and at times coaches him how to "do it" ;) while with some of the gals in the film. Most bizarre.

a_boy_and_his_dog.jpg

Saw it once at the midnight flicks. A young (if you can believe it) Don Johnson stars and the dog is very eeriely sexually deprived and at times coaches him how to "do it" ;) while with some of the gals in the film. Most bizarre.

That's Harlan Ellison for ya! :) I remember this short story from The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World. Good stuff. He followed it up with a graphic novel, too, which follows Vic and Blood after the rather interesting ending.

I never saw the movie, but the trailer makes it look supremely awesome:

That's Harlan Ellison for ya! :) I remember this short story from The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World. Good stuff. He followed it up with a graphic novel, too, which follows Vic and Blood after the rather interesting ending.

I never saw the movie, but the trailer makes it look supremely awesome:

Exactly, Harlan Ellison made his mark allright.

I used toget his name mixed up with Bret Easton Ellis of Less Than Zero novel fame. Another great writer.

Anyone see the opening of "Star Wars" at the Galleria?

Years later I ran into someone in another city who was at the same showing at the Galleria on opening night. Small world.

"A Boy and His Dog" is also an offbeat favorite of mine.

I really enjoyed the original "Rollerball" because it had such a plausible story: corporate wars, corporate cities, and a brutal game to appease the masses and the managers.

Jonathan... Jonathan... Jonathan....Jonathan...

Houston...Houston...Houston...Houston...