Apple Plans Fifth Retail Location In Texas

bruce_oneal

so dallas finally does apple...

Apple is planning to open a fifth retail store in Texas. A local newspaper report says that Apple is one of the signed tenants for a new retail development in Southlake, a suburb of Dallas. Other retailers in the expansion include Coldwater Creek, Cheesecake Factory, Anthropologie, Brighton Collectibles, and Henredon. The Grand Avenue District is an expansion of Southlake Town Square, which opened in 1999 is to the north of Southlake City Hall; it will include more than 20 new tenants as well as a 248-room full service Hilton Hotel and a 14-screen first run Harkins movie theater. Apple currently has retail locations in Austin, (Barton Creek), Highland Park (Knox Street), Houston (Houston Galleria), and Plano (Willow Bend).

so dallas finally does apple...

Apple is planning to open a fifth retail store in Texas. A local newspaper report says that Apple is one of the signed tenants for a new retail development in Southlake, a suburb of Dallas. Other retailers in the expansion include Coldwater Creek, Cheesecake Factory, Anthropologie, Brighton Collectibles, and Henredon. The Grand Avenue District is an expansion of Southlake Town Square, which opened in 1999 is to the north of Southlake City Hall; it will include more than 20 new tenants as well as a 248-room full service Hilton Hotel and a 14-screen first run Harkins movie theater. Apple currently has retail locations in Austin, (Barton Creek), Highland Park (Knox Street), Houston (Houston Galleria), and Plano (Willow Bend).

So, who's the market for the Knox Street location, then?

I bought my Mac at the Apple store at the Galleria. I found out two months later that I could have gotten a corporate discount through my employer by showing my employee ID. I was mad. With all the software I bought I could have saved $500. No, they wouldn't refund the difference. I blame my manager who didn't know about the discount. I had to find it on the company intranet.

I bought my Mac at the Apple store at the Galleria.  I found out two months later that I could have gotten a corporate discount through my employer by showing my employee ID.  I was mad.  With all the software I bought I could have saved $500.  No, they wouldn't refund the difference.  I blame my manager who didn't know about the discount.  I had to find it on the company intranet.

yeah that kinda sux.

In Mexico. The company is called (here's another "believe it or not") US Commerical. The chairman is Carlos "Slim" Domit and the CFO is Javier Larazza. Their US Office is in Dallas. They also own Prodigy along with SBC.

Archived