Have you marketed using door hangers?

I am considering doing about 10K door hangers within a 2 mile radius of a new restaurant. Has anyone had any experience with this? What response rate did you achieve? What should I pay for the distribution? Any recommendations?

Thank you!

The kind of traffic this is most effective at generating are take-out and delivery. If you're promoting brand awareness on a sit-down restaurant, it may be more effective and possibly less expensive to use USPS bulk mail on post cards.

As with most forms of advertising, your mileage may vary.

I don't think either form is more effective than the other. Cost may vary, and, having passed out flyers for my (former) restaurant before, it is hard to verify that your cheap labor is actually putting up all the hangers, unless of course, the labor is family or business partners. :D

The only market I ever find these working in is restaurants, but usually to people who are looking for takeout or delivery. It could be beneficial, but go the smart way. Find a few other local businesses that don't compete with you, perhaps new businesses that want to announce, and share the space on the hanger and cut your cost. You'll know whether it worked or not if you put a coupon on it.

door hangers are the ONLY way to go in the lawn care business

they get by far the most response and hit the exact target market you want to hit right at the time you want to hit it

this is not from me it is from nealry 100% of the people on a lawn care forum I go to from time to time

Thank you! I've thought about partnering up with another company, but I'm concerned it'll make people less likely to look. Thoughts?

You've got two kinds of people. The people who look, and the people who don't. The tweeners aren't a big enough demo to even worry about. So partnering up isn't going to hurt you at all.