Harrisburg Underpass And The Brown Line

It looks like they have completed the finger painting project for the Harrisburg underpass. I am not that impressed with the paint job, but the landscaping they are doing adjacent to the underpass looks very nice and extensive. I am impressed they are putting that much effort into it.

But will all this work be destroyed when they lay the rail?

From the latest metro map http://www.metrosolutions.org/go/doc/1068/181488/

it appears that the LRT will be laid in the same ROW they are now landscaping.

Am I missing something, or is just a typical lack of Government planning. :blink:

Another question:

There are numerous mid-sized trees planted along the north side of Harrisburg in front of the Coffee plant about +/- 5 foot from the curb. They have orange netting around each one like these trees are staying.

That would be great.... but I cant see how they can maintain the four lanes of traffic, add 2 rails, AND keep those trees without tearing down the Coffee warehouse on the other side.

Has anyone seen the proposed layout of the road/rail from the Brown line?

Oops! This topic may get merged into the 2-3 very similar ones floating around. :mellow:

The landscape there is looking really beautiful and possibly a huge waste of $ and time.

No different than all of those trees they planted on the frwys all over town.

Not to switch topic but ever notice how tightly crammed and squeezed in they planted all of those poor trees? No room to grow. The pine needles will be flying all over drivers as soon as they start maturing not to mention the flying cones that can scratch paint jobs or cause eye injuries? Maybe this should go in the "What were they thinking dept".

These trees will all come crashing down when big storms visit and become deadly obstacles for drivers. There are numerous palms that have been crashed into already on 45 all the way from downtown to Beltway 8.

To worsen this situation is no one ever trims the fronds or cut off dead limbs or trim the fast growing oleanders. Insanity. :wacko:

See the Brown Line topics for more drama. That name alone just kills me Brown Line...Good Lord. Maybe put nose in the middle.

• The title was changed to Harrisburg Underpass And The Brown Line

Archived