Crazy prediction

Why not close the DFW section altogether then? By closing the DFW section, then DFW will go away. I can tell you this though. If you want to know about DFW, don't go to a DFW forum. They will just tell you what they want to hear and what you want to hear.

For now I'm going to quit posting in this thread. This thread was intended for occasional updates. Thank you.

Hey, I've been trying to get HAIF to close the DFW section for years now. I think it causes nothing but trouble. If you want to know anything about what is going on in DFW, why the hell would you come to a website called Houston Architecture Information Forum. Why not go to Dallas Metropolis. And if you don't think that will give you a better idea of the projects going on why not go to City-Data.com or Skyscraper City or Skyscraper page or any of the other more 'neutral' ones.

A lot of DFWer's use the DFW section of this forum to bash our beautiful city. Some just create posts to let us know what's going on in Dallas. But YOU are in a class by yourself. I haven't even seen ONE person (from Hou or Dal) that has agreed with ANYTHING you have said on this website. At least the other DFWer's would support each other's views (however misguided they might be) which might make me give them SOME credibility (however little). But you have ZERO here. You have made too many really stupid, flaming and inciting comments just to get a reaction to be taken as anything more than a troll. I think it would be best if you retired the nucklehead account and started over with new one. At least then someone might entertain one of your weird ideas for half a second.

Just don't let Editor catch you again.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I've been trying to get HAIF to close the DFW section for years now. I think it causes nothing but trouble. If you want to know anything about what is going on in DFW, why the hell would you come to a website called Houston Architecture Information Forum. Why not go to Dallas Metropolis. And if you don't think that will give you a better idea of the projects going on why not go to City-Data.com or Skyscraper City or Skyscraper page or any of the other more 'neutral' ones.

A lot of DFWer's use the DFW section of this forum to bash our beautiful city. Some just create posts to let us know what's going on in Dallas. But YOU are in a class by yourself. I haven't even seen ONE person (from Hou or Dal) that has agreed with ANYTHING you have said on this website. At least the other DFWer's would support each other's views (however misguided they might be) which might make me give them SOME credibility (however little). But you have ZERO here. You have made too many really stupid, flaming and inciting comments just to get a reaction to be taken as anything more than a troll. I think it would be best if you retired the nucklehead account and started over with new one. At least then someone might entertain one of your weird ideas for half a second.

Just don't let Editor catch you again.

One has to read between the lines.

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archive...ons-in-dal.html

If Central Dallas is the premier business district in DFW, then why is it having to pay out benefits to keep ATT? The queston of what business district will become the premier district in the DFW area is in flux. In my opinion, it is in a state of transition from Central Dallas to Las Colinas. This is why the buildings in downtown Dallas are similar in style or size from the types of buildings that are being built or planned along the Platinum Corridor, Telecom Corridor, downtown Fort Worth, or Las Colinas. All one has to do to see a more suburban downtown Dallas is understand how its office development has become less dense because of it being converted over into other uses.

To the question above. You won't find much of value at Dallas Metropolis about DFW. You will find information about Central Dallas or Dallas in general because that forum is very Uptown biased. That was my point. One stands a better chance of getting the unorthodox view of DFW in here.

Right now the prevalent blame in that forum for the downturn in Uptown investment is that there has been a downturn in the national economy. There is no mention about the investments about to be ramped up in Las Colinas that will certainly distract investor attention away from Uptown. There isn't any mention of how politics in Central Dallas may have frightened investors away for that matter.

Archived