Blood And Money Book

ddublinokarra

After a boring conference on my first trip to US in late 80`s, an enthusiastic bookstore clerk in New york engaged me in a conversation, and suggested the book BLOOD AND MONEY. Months later and back home in Norway i noticed that book in my attic one summer while tidying up the house. I took it down and that evening just decided to peruse thru.. little did i know this book will live with me for almost two decades. i`ve always wondered does anyone have a pictures of the writer himself Thomas Thompson! it`s sad that he died while many like me would have demanded more from him! i would love to know about where he lived, which school he went to, his earlier works...i will never forget that afternoon when i bought this book. I know the star ME Milton helpern died too, what happened to other people in that book like Bob Vandiver`s wife, Joan`s friend(the one across the street) Diane Settegast, racehorse(still in practise?) my next trip to US will definitely see me in Houston on that very street.

Thomas Thompson was one of the finest writers this town ever produced. He was a crime reporter at the old Houston Press, a Scripps-Howard daily paper bought out by the Chron in the early sixties. He had a clipped and frisky style of writing that made him a natural for writing books, and his successes prompted countless other writers to emulate that style.

For some reason I always had it in my mind he was a lawyer. But I guess this is not the case

looking at his biography on some of the web sites.

The reason I had thought he was a lawyer, was my mother knew him, and being she

worked in a law office, I had always assumed that's where she ran into him.

So for some reason I assumed that's what he did when not writing.

But guess not.. Maybe he was one of their clients at some time..

He gave her a signed copy of Blood and Money when it came out.

For some reason I always had it in my mind he was a lawyer. But I guess this is not the case

looking at his biography on some of the web sites.

The reason I had thought he was a lawyer, was my mother knew him, and being she

worked in a law office, I had always assumed that's where she ran into him.

So for some reason I assumed that's what he did when not writing.

But guess not.. Maybe he was one of their clients at some time..

He gave her a signed copy of Blood and Money when it came out.

Or, he could have been there interviewing a lawyer for one of his books. Which law office did your mom work for?

You say he gave her a signed copy of Blood and Money, so I'm guessing he was in and out of there interviewing one or more of the many lawyers involved in that infamous case.

Thompson was a very thorough writer, and famous for doing deep and exhaustive research before putting pen to paper. (now there's an archaic metaphor)

Or, he could have been there interviewing a lawyer for one of his books. Which law office did your mom work for?

You say he gave her a signed copy of Blood and Money, so I'm guessing he was in and out of there interviewing one or more of the many lawyers involved in that infamous case.

Thompson was a very thorough writer, and famous for doing deep and exhaustive research before putting pen to paper. (now there's an archaic metaphor)

After reading Blood and Money i quickly went for his other book Serpentine...and to this day i cant quote a finer writer than THOMAS THOMPSON. I was heartbroken later when i learned that i had been reading his last masterpiece. Is there any picture of him? His fine work has touched me in a way i can never explain.

• The title was changed to Blood And Money
  • The title was changed to Blood And Money Book

Archived