Don't know how helpful this is, but there used to be (and may still be) a house on one of the streets running north-south within Woodland Heights (somewhere east of Studewood, south of Pecore, west of Houston) that had a little sign saying "Lawnmower Repair". The house was on the right as you headed north - can't recall if the house faced the north-south street, but the sign was on the north-south street. Wouldn't mention it without better info except that it sounds like just what you're looking for, if it's still there.

Does anyone know a source for lawnmower repair in the Heights. Looking for the little old guy that lets you bring your mower by and he tinkers with it to get it fixed.

A guy down the street from me (maybe 110 or 112 E 25th) has a sign out front--"Lawnmower Repair". I haven't used him myself, so I can't really recommend him, but he gets a fair amount of traffic.

A & S on Bayland is just what you're looking for. I used him earlier this year and was happy with the service. Look up the exact address in the phonebook rather than just driving down Bayland like I did -- he works out of his garage and it can be tough to spot while driving. There is a small sign outside.

Thanks for all the info. The one on 112 E 25th is actually the closest so we dropped it off at 7:00 this morning with Mr. Shinkle. He called about 8:30 to say it was ready and the cost is $10. Can't beat that kind of service. That was actually for my pressure washer. We don't mow the lawn anymore but I think I'll take our lawnmower over to him to winterize and sharpen in case we ever start back up mowing our own lawn.

Thanks for all the leads. You guys are the best.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know a source for lawnmower repair in the Heights. Looking for the little old guy that lets you bring your mower by and he tinkers with it to get it fixed.

There's a guy on the south side of Bayland in the Woodland Heights. He's been doing it for years ouyt of his house. It's on the cornor of Northwood I think.

Dennis