Broadmoor Community Entrance Sign

I drove by Broadmoor as I do often and I noticed the Broadmoor entrance sign looks in pretty bad shape. Any plans for a new one? Just curious.

Is this the one almost directly in front of Austin High School?

Seems like just 9-10 years ago it was placed there. If replaced, should be elevated and lit at night. We never considered that area Broadmoor truthfully. :mellow:

Broadmoor was is always has been nabe around Broadmoor ave from Triangle Park to 45 frwy.

PS, some/many of those old china berry trees are crumbling and must be removed. Why dont people call 311 or email 311 is beyond me. The worse are at Munger/Broadmoor huge dead branches dangle precariously above. Slow down next time and peek above your windshield. When Rita was nearing that last time many of these huge branches dropped or just split and remain haf broken off. If these were all removed the lighting would illuminate the whole corner. Ive drifted but owners need to wake up, renters do not care. Same story. ;):D

Is this the one almost directly in front of Austin High School?

Seems like just 9-10 years ago it was placed there. If replaced, should be elevated and lit at night. We never considered that area Broadmoor truthfully. :mellow:

Broadmoor was is always has been nabe around Broadmoor ave from Triangle Park to 45 frwy.

PS, some/many of those old china berry trees are crumbling and must be removed. Why dont people call 311 or email 311 is beyond me. The worse are at Munger/Broadmoor huge dead branches dangle precariously above. Slow down next time and peek above your windshield. When Rita was nearing that last time many of these huge branches dropped or just split and remain haf broken off. If these were all removed the lighting would illuminate the whole corner. Ive drifted but owners need to wake up, renters do not care. Same story. ;):D

Yea, that's the one.

I noticed the china berry trees falling apart too. <_<

Yea, that's the one.

I noticed the china berry trees falling apart too. <_<

I imagine someone like the East End Chamber of Commerce were the party responsible for erecting that sign? Maybe older members from the Eastwood Civic group may know? Not sure if this encompasses thier interests or proximity of? The sign is so un-noticeable that only a walking pedestrian will notice.

Just an FYI ,that corner photographer place was once a very busy Childcare Nursery. When walking to Jack in the Box down Dumble we always would see children running, shouting, crying and playing with toys and parents picking them up. So eerily quite now. -_-

Archived