Will The Rail Tracks Go Down The Middle Of Richmond Ave.

capnmcbarnacle

Hoping someone can help out here. I've seen a million versions of where the line will go, but have yet to see a rendering of the actual street. I am assuming 2 tracks in the middle with stations in the middle like downtown, but I have no clue. Will Richomond be 1 or 2 lanes in each direction? Where are the turn lanes?

If anyone has a rendering I'd love to see it.

Thanks.

Hoping someone can help out here. I've seen a million versions of where the line will go, but have yet to see a rendering of the actual street. I am assuming 2 tracks in the middle with stations in the middle like downtown, but I have no clue. Will Richomond be 1 or 2 lanes in each direction? Where are the turn lanes?

If anyone has a rendering I'd love to see it.

Thanks.

I remember seeing something about this before - maybe on their website? If I recall, they were indeed down the middle, and somehow they still had enough room on both sides for 2 lanes in each direction. We'll obviously lose some stuff to ROW. No clue on the turn lanes, but I'm curious on that as well

Nothing is set in stone, as the plans are constantly changing, but any changes at this point will most likely be minor.

But the two tracks WILL go down the middle of Richmond and there WILL be at least two lanes in each direction. Richmond's cross section will depend on available ROW. METRO will be taking some ROW along most of the corridor, but is trying to minimize building takings. There are some places (near Buff Spdw for example) where Richmond will have three through lanes in each direction and left turn lanes. When you get east of Kirby, the width of the existing ROW shrinks and there will be no turn lanes. So at some intersections, left turns will be prohibited, at others, the left lane will be a shared through/turn lane.

I can't post any drawings.

Edited by CDeb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nobody asked my opinion on the design <_<

But... why don't they put 2 lanes together, side by side, along the curb, and then put the 4 lanes of traffic just shifted over. That way rather than down the middle, it's off to a side, similar to Fannin near Herman Park... Seems like it would be easier for traffic flow to me.

• The title was changed to Will The Rail Tracks Go Down The Middle Of Richmond Ave.