CW39 Weather on HAIF

editor

Tonight I am very proud to announce the debut of:

CW39WeatherOnHAIF.png

For the last week or so you've seen the current temperature from Hobby airport displayed at the top of the screen. Now to give you a better idea of what to expect outside, we've added a streaming audio forecast.

Each day (or even more often if necessary) the meteorologists from the CW39 Weather Center will give HAIFers the latest weather forecast. Since so many of you HAIF in your office, it's a great way to check the weather before going home.

In addition to the temperature at the top of the HAIF screens, you can find out the humidity and most important -- the heat index -- before you go outside. These numbers are updated every hour, so check it before you go out in the morning, or before you head to lunch.

It's part of HAIF's continuing commitment to give you more information by, for, and about Houston.

Did you have a choice of news channels?

39 was my first choice for several reasons--

1. I used to work there and I'm still friendly with the people in charge so I thought my chances of it happening were good.
  2. 39 has done this sort of thing before -- for one of the small AM stations in Houston, though they don't do it anymore.
  3. Fear that 13 or 2 would turn their noses up at us (11 is not an option. I'll do the weather myself before I deal with those people).
  4. 39 is willing to do it for free in exchange for the logo placement.

I initially began working on this back in January. The original plan was to have the forecasts on radioHAIF. But since I've neglected the station a bit this seemed like a way of getting it done sooner, rather than later.

On a related note -- I'm going to start working more on radioHAIF because I still think it could be big. And also because it's costing me $30/month and I should make that money do something.

Archived