Eddie Izzard in town next Tue and Wed!

I just happened to read the Chron today and was floored to see an ad for Eddie Izzard doing two shows in Houston next week. Jones Hall, Tuesday and Wednesday nite. It's a Society For the Performing Arts booking. Weird, it must be a late booking since I could swear I never saw this on their calendar until just now. I was afraid he had given up stand-up completely. Happily, no.

http://www.spahouston.org/index_2008.aspx

I am so stoked!!! Just got orchestra tix. I heart Eddie.

Weird, it must be a late booking since I could swear I never saw this on their calendar until just now. I was afraid he had given up stand-up completely.

I am so stoked!!! Just got orchestra tix. I heart Eddie.

I've had tickets since around February.

But i agree, I'm stoked too.. should be great.

Ciaoooooo <Exits left on moped with a wave of his hand>

you are quite welcome. I understand for this tour he will be manly instead of tranny. Which means probably more manic than usual since he won't be in heels.

That's a little disappointing. I like his tranny look.

you are quite welcome. I understand for this tour he will be manly instead of tranny. Which means probably more manic than usual since he won't be in heels.

wonder if that has anything to do with his "The Riches" contract... ..or maybe he just switches up the look.. i dont know.

Edited by Highway6

wonder if that has anything to do with his "The Riches" contract... ..or maybe he just switches up the look.. i dont know.

As he put it in the show, he was an off-duty transvestite.

It was fantastic!! Not as good as Dress to Kill (which frankly I don't think can be topped) but IMO better than the shows since.

He really was in the groove of historical humor (finer points of the stone age, battle of Thermopylae, etc.) which I love. And got some great, subtle mileage outof wikipedia and Apple.

That's all I'll say.

As he put it in the show, he was an off-duty transvestite.

It was fantastic!! Not as good as Dress to Kill (which frankly I don't think can be topped) but IMO better than the shows since.

He really was in the groove of historical humor (finer points of the stone age, battle of Thermopylae, etc.) which I love. And got some great, subtle mileage outof wikipedia and Apple.

That's all I'll say.

Sounds fun.. headed that way in about an hour.