Lupe Tortilla On Highway 290 at FM 1960?

sweetbasil

Heard mention of this about a year ago--- it was supposed to be going in with Goode's BBQ. The Goode's sign is up (actually a teensy bit W of 1960 on Wortham Center), that little cut-through road to Wortham Blvd., but haven't seen/heard anything about Lupe Tortilla. Especially w/Barton Springs turning into Chuy's, I wonder how much more TexMex we'll be getting. Though Las Rosas isn't a place we'll set foot in ever again, and Rico's at 1960/Wortham Blvd. supposedly closed its doors too....

Heard mention of this about a year ago--- it was supposed to be going in with Goode's BBQ. The Goode's sign is up (actually a teensy bit W of 1960 on Wortham Center), that little cut-through road to Wortham Blvd., but haven't seen/heard anything about Lupe Tortilla. Especially w/Barton Springs turning into Chuy's, I wonder how much more TexMex we'll be getting. Though Las Rosas isn't a place we'll set foot in ever again, and Rico's at 1960/Wortham Blvd. supposedly closed its doors too....

I have heard about this for a year or so as well, the Lupe Tortilla's website even says the Cypress location is coming soon, at least it used to...

Lupe's would do well at the Spring Cypress intersection and/or Barker Cypress. It might do well over there by the Goode Co., but that corner of 290 and 1960 is somewhat limited in terms of available space.

Of course, they're building a nice big Alicia's pad site next to the current location, so they'd have some stiff competition.

how much tex-mex can one take....if it ain't full-scale restaurant, it's a small taqueria, if not that, it's a taco truck on someone's parking lot...damn..

as a brotha.....why can't we have more soul food places pop up like that? lol

how much tex-mex can one take....if it ain't full-scale restaurant, it's a small taqueria, if not that, it's a taco truck on someone's parking lot...damn..

as a brotha.....why can't we have more soul food places pop up like that? lol

my family is from Mississippi and I would love to have more soul food out this way...Luby's doesn't cut it...I guess we just need people to open something...hbcu? We used to always go to a place on the square in Oxford called Smitty's. It was the best damn food I ever ate, the plumb cobbler was unlike anything I have had before or since, but sadly the old woman who owned it passed away and it closed : (

I agree, not too many places in the GNW to get some good vegetables or smothered porkchops...

I grew up SW but moved to the NW a few years back and in my search for soul food I always found myself going towards Acres Homes or back into the city...same thing for decent shrimp fried rice as the place I found was on ella before it burned down

supposedly, a soul food place off 1960 near Westfield opened up a few years back but I never found the place and I hear it sucks....outside of that nothing along 1960 as there was a place a few years back in the strip Shipley's occupies but it's been closed down for quite some time...

it's odd no one has opened such a place in the area as it would do well if the food is decent to great...but location has to be great

as funny as it sounds...cajun is associated with whites in s. louisiana...blacks are creole....I'll get the scoop and report back on the place

Speaking of Cajun restaurants - according to the Spring 2008 Newquest newsletter - there will be a place called "The Cajun Family Restaurant" going into Cypress Village Station (the Metro Parking Garage on 290 and Skinner), along with a Schlotzkeys and a few other places...

See the Spring 2008 newsletter at the link below:

http://www.newquestproperties.com/News.asp

• The title was changed to Lupe Tortilla On Highway 290 at FM 1960?

Archived