Scammer on automotive forum gets BUSTED

JLWM8609

I don't know if the local authorities have swooped in on the guy yet, but they've posted his MySpace page, a picture of where he lives, photos of him, where he works, etc... These guys are some real Jim Rockfords, Thomas Magnums, Quincy M.E.s, and other P.I.s from the television P.I. craze of the 70s and 80s, lol.

I don't know if the local authorities have swooped in on the guy yet, but they've posted his MySpace page, a picture of where he lives, photos of him, where he works, etc... These guys are some real Jim Rockfords, Thomas Magnums, Quincy M.E.s, and other P.I.s from the television P.I. craze of the 70s and 80s, lol.

Well, it does seem he's going to be in for a bad day real soon. Particularly if someone goes "Texan" on his hide and is willing to settle for some regular street justice.

While this guy seems like a tried and true scammer, you have to be careful of internet flame wars where people are accused of stuff. The burden of proof, sadly, is on the accused, not the accuser when it comes to these things. I, myself, have been labeled a scammer by those with no evidence and no actual substantiation either with full knowledge that I wasn't, but that didn't stop the flame war.

Whenever someone on a forum I frequent accuses someone of scamming them, I always as that they substantiate the claim and allow the other party to explain (like the mbworld one).

Anyway, it seems this guy will be getting a visit from BPD Digital Fraud Investigations Division.

While this guy seems like a tried and true scammer, you have to be careful of internet flame wars where people are accused of stuff. The burden of proof, sadly, is on the accused, not the accuser when it comes to these things. I, myself, have been labeled a scammer by those with no evidence and no actual substantiation either with full knowledge that I wasn't, but that didn't stop the flame war.

Whenever someone on a forum I frequent accuses someone of scamming them, I always as that they substantiate the claim and allow the other party to explain (like the mbworld one).

Anyway, it seems this guy will be getting a visit from BPD Digital Fraud Investigations Division.

The neat thing about this particular forum is that we really don't have things for sale on here very often, and those that do (Warwick aside. Where is he?) are usually done by prominent posters that most of us already know in one way or another.