Windstorm And Hail Insurance Needed In Pearland

We're about to buy a new home in Southern Trails. Our mortgage company is requiring windstorm and hail insurance coverage, beyond the standard homeowner's insurance and optional flood insurance. State Farm is quoting windstorm and hail coverage at $1700/yr with a $7000 deductible.

Anybody else in Pearland have experience with windstorm/hail insurance? Do all mortgage companies require it for Pearland? Is this price reasonable?

Thanks.

Take a look at this thread on HAIF:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=12766

We all have to have Windstorm insurance since we live in Brazoria County. Typically your lender requires it, even if you're just a mile or less from Fort Bend. Most of us have it through the state Windstorm Pool, although your insurer may offer coverage or (for most people) will arrange for state coverage for you.

The thread bsienk posted is a pretty comprehensive discussion. I use State Farm for my homeowners and they rolled the windstorm coverage into the same policy. I got some very nice discounts from them. If you decide to go with SF, I can recommend a very good agent that got me a ton of discounts. Send me a private message if you want her contact information.

• The title was changed to Windstorm And Hail Insurance Needed In Pearland

Archived