Cleaning skyscraper windows

editor

• 1 month later...

That sounds very cool hoever it sounds very expensive and wow imagine opening a window 300 stories up? Get a quick rush right? Ja ja.

I did a search under Discovery Channel but to no avail on window subject. sleep.gif

the transamerica pyramid in san francisco has the windows you turn around to clean insidesleep.gif .

• 1 month later...

Fire drills at Pzl Place were living hell. It was a love/hate process.

Once we were on the 20th floor and had to walk down all those flights when we had a fire alarm go off one day. Nope, couldnt use elevators either. I even helped a coworker with crutches as we nearly staggered to the ground level. I was not heavy and my knees were buckling (or just about).

On windy days our 16 floor office would sway quite swiftly. I recall walking down the hall and feeling it tilt to & from and once in the RR the doors of stalls would creak here and there. Lovely.

We were told that in a serious fire if we had to cross from one tower to the next there was a cross-over "bridge" I think on 15? They said it has never been used but it is there in the event.

Imagine crossing on a swinging bridge on a windy day?

Where's Irwin Allen right? wacko.gif

My mom worked in Pennzoil when I was a kid, and I would swear that bridge used to be open for general use. My childhood memory may be spotty, but I'm damned near positive I've been on that bridge and was scared out of mind at the time. If I remember correctly, the bridge is enclosed but suspended by anchors. A gust of wind could significantly rattle it. I'm pretty sure it stopped being used except for emergencies at some point when I was still pretty young (during the early 80s) but was available for use for a few years at least. Any old Pennzoil employees who might remember out there?

Archived