Just saw my first Google car

Passed in front of me going south on McKinney as I was waiting to cross at Travis and looked just like this one, except there was a Google decal on the door.

googlemapscar2.jpg

Also, surprisingly, California plates. I just figured they brought the equipment in and slapped it on a local car. Not so, apparently.

They did half of my nieghborhood, (Glenbrook Valley). Stolitx's and Toulouse's are both on there. (So it anybody is too lazy to drive out and check out the hood, you can now do it on line from the comfort of your own home). I wonder what criteria they used to determine what areas to film?

Google Earth's Street View is great stuff. I even managed to come across a picture of my house.

But I have to say, these people practically live in their cars for weeks out of a year...given the cost of gas prices and hotel service these days.

It's prolly a very interesting job though. I bet they've seen a LOT of things out there.

• 2 months later...
It's prolly a very interesting job though. I bet they've seen a LOT of things out there.

The Google Earth street views are amazing...I still can't believe they came down my insignificant street in Spring Branch. However, they really dropped the ball in not thoroughly covering the Heights.

I guess the Google truck driver didn't ask anyone from the Chamber of Commerce about where he should go - since he went to Fondren Southwest, Alief, Gulfton/Renwick, etc. :lol: