Lonely Planet or Rough Guide?

sarahiki

Any suggestions? I'm buying a Michelin Green Guide for the region I'll be in, but I want an overall guidebook for France for when I visit Paris and other regions. It's been years since I've left the country and I just don't remember which guide I've preferred in the past. I will be on a pretty tight budget so I want a guidebook that will allow for that.

Any suggestions? I'm buying a Michelin Green Guide for the region I'll be in, but I want an overall guidebook for France for when I visit Paris and other regions. It's been years since I've left the country and I just don't remember which guide I've preferred in the past. I will be on a pretty tight budget so I want a guidebook that will allow for that.

You might want to look at the guidebooks written by Rick Steves. Friends who go to Europe every year like them very much.

I second the Rick Steves recomendation. And he's all about keeping it "real" and saving money in the process.

Last week he suggested forgetting Western Europe for now and go East instead. The East is changing so fast but it is still a great baragin compared to the west. France will always be there but Eastern Europe will never be the same.

Check him out:

http://www.chron.com/travel/moresteves.html

I second the Rick Steves recomendation. And he's all about keeping it "real" and saving money in the process.

Last week he suggested forgetting Western Europe for now and go East instead. The East is changing so fast but it is still a great baragin compared to the west. France will always be there but Eastern Europe will never be the same.

Check him out:

http://www.chron.com/travel/moresteves.html

Thanks... I will check out the Steves guide, too.

Archived