Fox News

J.A.S.O.N.

• 4 months later...
Look at the date that it was first posted. This was just one of many attempts by the liberals to attack the republican party and get Kerry into office.

i am not gonna be drawn into a liberal versus conservative debate with you --we obviously have differing opinions on lots of things as apparent by our posts.

however, at the end of the day we are all americans and will stand as such together.

nevertheless, if those allegations are true ... or even hint of truth, then something is wrong in journalism in this country.

I've seen the movie. It was a joke. They tried skewing typical practices as "biased". For instance, Fox requesting that they focus on some of the positive things in Iraq was listed by this movie as biased propaganda. Considering how negative every other news outlet paints the situation in Iraq, it isn't beyond reason that someone would stand up and say "Yeah, but there is good stuff going on too!", and when they are, they are called right biased propagandists.

Fox has never pretended to be unbiased in its editorials, but its news coverage is very fair. If all the other channels have such a far left lean to them, when a channel sways more to the middle, it would naturally appear biased to the right.

Anyway, the movie itself was a crock. I took several months this year to watch all of the political DVDs I could get my hands on (OutFoxed, FarenHeight 9/11, Farenheype 9/11, Celcius 41.11, Bush's Brain, Bush Family Fortunes, etc). Some arguments made sense, but unfortunately, most of it was very weak assumptions based on information quoted out of context and in many cases straight up fabricated.

bruce, if you want to see the movie send me a pm I have it on dvd.

It is a little over sensationalized but no real new information presented. It just confirms what most people already know. I don't have any more contempt for fox than I do any other network, I just wish they would have dropped that whole "Fair and Balanced" tripe. There are plenty of ultra-liberal media sources, I see no reason for there not to be plenty of ultra-conservative media sources.

I know someone who worked at Fox until last year who saw that movie. She says it's crap. Apparently a lot of the people they talked to and used as experts either worked at Fox years ago, were interens are part-timers, or never worked there at all.

I didn't see it, or the Micahel Moore film, either. I just don't believe in letting anyone in Hollywood try to influence my vote. They've proven themsevles to be idiots over and over. Last thing I want is Paris Hilton and 50-Cent telling me what's good for the country.

It is funny to think that every media outlet outside of Fox News leans "far to the Left."

That is simply not true. However, people often believe what they are told and the talk-radio spin doctors have been reporting that as fact for so long that people actually believe it.

Get back to me when you think Rupert Murdoch's News Corp conglomerate is truly fair. Or what about General Electric which owns NBC? General Electric is a major DEFENSE CONTRACTOR!!!!! Jack Welch, the CEO of GE, was caught on tape openly cheering for Bush at NBC Headquarters on election night... Of course, GE spent $45 MILLION on lobbying in 2003. Can you say conflict of interest?

Or what about Sinclair Media out of Baltimore? They were forcing their affiliates to air a direct attack on Kerry which was paid for by Bush supporters but to run it as a "news piece."

And don't forget Viacom (CBS), Disney (ABC), Gannett, AOL-Time Warner, Hearst, and Cox, the rest of the major media owners.

Well, the day that the History Channel will allow a Michael Moore film will be the day that I will recognize his as a documentary film maker. Until then, he's just a film maker. You want to see a real documentary film maker, then check out Ken Burns. He pioneered the field.

c'mon, as you know, history is subjective. it's all about who's point-of-view.

• 2 weeks later...
i do not condone movie (or record or software for that matter) piracy.  plus i bought a copy.

Not technically piracy in the matter of Farenheit 9/11. Michael Moore PUBLICLY (while he was moaning that Mirimax wouldn't release his film) gave up all IP rights to the movie and said that it would and could be distributed freely. So theoretically, it isn't piracy.

Michael Moore presented no real facts in his movie. It was sensationalized rumor and it was done for the all mighty dollar. Go watch FarenHYPE 9/11 and Celcius 41.11 as well. They both completely debunk the Michael Moore movie. MM is also a proven liar in his films. He makes movies, and they are FICTION movies.

hah. Shes kinda hot aside from the fact she can be a bit of a loon.

Both of those movies contain more facts in their opening credits than the entirety of Michael Moore's film. Farenhype is far from a right wing answer to Moore's film. It has Dick Morris, Ron Silver, Zel Miller (ok, hes a bit of a loon too, but only because he is rather outspoken).

They put Moore to shame in both of those movies. They even interview people whos comments were used in the movie and they rebut things Michael Moore purported them to say by using them out of context.