How do you buy an abandoned property?

DaveMc

I'm in the county and there is a residential property next to mine I'd like to purchase.

The owner died four years ago leaving nine heirs, a $130k mortgage on the place, and the house in a state of advanced deterioration.

Late last year the house looked like it was going to tax sale but some deal was struck and it briefly went up for sale. The listing agent rejected my verbal offer out of hand claiming $130k is where the offers start. Currently there is a "Safegard" property sticker on the front door that says to call the tax assessors office.

So far I've called the Tax assessors office, Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, and Ocwen financial. Nobody's talking to me. I called a real estate agent (friend) who didn't get anywhere neither. From what I've been told, the heirs all live out of state and want nothing to do with property. I'm not sure how the lien affects the estate. The taxes are overdue again this year.

Any idea where to go from here? Real estate lawyer perhaps?

I'm in the county and there is a residential property next to mine I'd like to purchase.

The owner died four years ago leaving nine heirs, a $130k mortgage on the place, and the house in a state of advanced deterioration.

Late last year the house looked like it was going to tax sale but some deal was struck and it briefly went up for sale. The listing agent rejected my verbal offer out of hand claiming $130k is where the offers start. Currently there is a "Safegard" property sticker on the front door that says to call the tax assessors office.

So far I've called the Tax assessors office, Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, and Ocwen financial. Nobody's talking to me. I called a real estate agent (friend) who didn't get anywhere neither. From what I've been told, the heirs all live out of state and want nothing to do with property. I'm not sure how the lien affects the estate. The taxes are overdue again this year.

Any idea where to go from here? Real estate lawyer perhaps?

sometimes it takes a long time for the county to acquire the property so it can be sold. my dad's been waiting for 4 or 5 yrs and and contacts the county regularly...nothing.