Acco Waste Paper Facility Moving

• 1 month later...
I noticed Acco has a sign saying they have moved - anyone know what may go in its place? (500 points if you say retail/dining).

I haven't heard anything either on it. It's supposedly being sold.

They have started demolition of all the buildings.

• 3 weeks later...

I figure someone must be planning to do something with this property, b/c they have torn down all the buildings and are taking the effort to pull up the concrete.

The bad part about this property is that the train runs RIGHT behind the property (of course, that did not stop Atkinson from building the Canal Place apartments). And the tracks separate the plot of land from another completely unused plot of land ear the bayou.

The bad part about this property is that the train runs RIGHT behind the property (of course, that did not stop Atkinson from building the Canal Place apartments). And the tracks separate the plot of land from another completely unused plot of land ear the bayou.

Atkinson developed Alexan Lofts.

• 2 weeks later...
Just did a search on HCAD and this property is now owned by PINTO EAST END LLC, 1000 MAIN ST STE 3250, HOUSTON TX 77002-6338. I did a search on that address and it looks like The Cockrell Foundation is in this same suite.

HCAD Record

Wonder what the plans are?

Anyone have an aerial view of this old site?

Sounds like your speaking of the old paper crushing place on the side of the frwy as you head North on 59 (behind Minute Maid Pk) onto the Beaumont Frwy going East? Its or was on the bottom far right hand side near The old Clayton Homes?

Seems to be ready for something BIG. Great, long, long overdue! :D

I am illiterate at inserting pictures, but I am attempting...

Also, here is the googlemap:

Acco

The Acco facility was at Jensen and Grayson (right next to the on ramp to I-10 East from 59 North). There is a steel pipe manufacture that is right next to the Acco facility that does not appear to be going anywhere (it is the struture on Jensen between Roanoke and Bryan streets). It is now the only structure along Jensen between Grayson and the Bayou (except I think there is a small house somewhere near the bayou at Foote street).

post-4011-1213732987_thumb.jpg

I am illiterate at inserting pictures, but I am attempting...

Also, here is the googlemap:

Acco

The Acco facility was at Jensen and Grayson (right next to the on ramp to I-10 East from 59 North). There is a steel pipe manufacture that is right next to the Acco facility that does not appear to be going anywhere (it is the struture on Jensen between Roanoke and Bryan streets). It is now the only structure along Jensen between Grayson and the Bayou (except I think there is a small house somewhere near the bayou at Foote street).

That's it!

It always appeared to be newspapers they were recycling and always strewn about for hundreds of yards, withe gulls circling and quite a bad odor from bayou? A true eyesore for the surrounding downtown area.

A huge upscale (expensive) developement or 50 story high rise building should go right there. :D

Anyone have an aerial view of this old site?

Sounds like your speaking of the old paper crushing place on the side of the frwy as you head North on 59 (behind Minute Maid Pk) onto the Beaumont Frwy going East? Its or was on the bottom far right hand side near The old Clayton Homes?

Seems to be ready for something BIG. Great, long, long overdue! :D

you all can rest easy now..it's going to be a water plant.

sh@#@@#t.

you all can rest easy now..it's going to be a water plant.

sh@#@@#t.

Are you freaking serious? Is it water or waste? Aren't there plenty of places farther from downtown to treat water?? It better not smell like poop all around there now (or should I say more like poop - there is already some kindo f waste treatment plant near by that you can smell when the breeze kicks in)

Are you freaking serious? Is it water or waste? Aren't there plenty of places farther from downtown to treat water?? It better not smell like poop all around there now (or should I say more like poop - there is already some kindo f waste treatment plant near by that you can smell when the breeze kicks in)

they post a sign there. my wife read it..it's a water pumping plant of a sort. she was vague on the detail.

I couldn't see the sign that says water plant. Maybe she saw a SWPPP(Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan).

I did an entity search and Pinto East End LLC (Delaware) is governed by CIP GP, LLC(Cockrell Investment Partners).

Left voicemail for Rhonda Fry at CIP and haven't heard back on this property.

Went by this morning and took a picture of the sign posted on Jensen and it is a TCEQ Storm Water Program Permit TXR15000 given to Cherry Demolition Company.

But might that have been just a permit issued for demolition of ACCO facilities? It could be all about trying to reduce runoff and erosion. And if the site is contaminated in any way, they'd probably be particularly paranoid about that kind of thing.

But might that have been just a permit issued for demolition of ACCO facilities? It could be all about trying to reduce runoff and erosion. And if the site is contaminated in any way, they'd probably be particularly paranoid about that kind of thing.

I read the same sign, and I also interpret the sign as simply being a permit to allow the company to demolish the site. I suppose that means that we don't know what will be built on this site (which, for now is better than a water plant).

Ninja - let us know if you are talking about a different sign, or if you understand the SWPP differently. Thanks!

Archived