Cinco Ranch I And Cinco Ranch II

Is it true that Cinco I residents will not have access to Cinco II amenities? I heard that since an agreement was not worked out this summer that only Cinco II residents will have access to the brand new rec. center that is currently under construction? Can anyone offer more on this topic?

Is it true that Cinco I residents will not have access to Cinco II amenities? I heard that since an agreement was not worked out this summer that only Cinco II residents will have access to the brand new rec. center that is currently under construction? Can anyone offer more on this topic?

Last I heard, the HOA was CONSIDERING that option. I have not heard that they actually instituted that policy.

Hey can I throw another crazy rumour your way? I live in Cinco SW and a neighbor is spreading a rumour that we will no longer be part of Cinco, thus will not be able to use the amenities.

Right now I think that's pretty whacked, but if it does become true, I'm sure we're taking that new community center with us! lol!

Somebody please reassure me that my neighbor is getting all worked up for nothing!!

Actually, Cinco SW (called Cinco 2 by the HOA) is not part of the original development of Cinco Ranch. The original development (Cinco 1) has its own set of bylaws and Cinco 2 has its own. They are 2 separate entities sharing the Cinco Ranch name. At the current time, Cinco 1 residents have use of both Cinco 1 and Cinco 2 facilities. Cinco 1 residents only have use of Cinco 1 facilities. So that means the new pool/rec center will only be used by the 300 families that now live in Cinco 2.

This is for the current year. Who knows what will happen in 2009.

But don't believe me - here are quotes from the Cinco Ranch community website from the Cinco Ranch community manager...

Michael Meagher Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:27 PM

Subject: New Rec Center

Let me try again:

Cinco I and Cinco II are separate communities that share a name and a developer. Cinco II was established under a separate set of legal documents. The budget, assessments, bank accounts, Board of Directors, etc. are all separate.

Cinco II will determine access to their own facilities.

Since Cinco II will have only one facility this year, there was a concern that it would be overwhelmed if Cinco I residents had access to it. (Their second facility, which includes a lap pool will not come on line until 2009.) However, we are still hopeful that the Boards of the two communities will be able to work out an agreement for sharing the facilities that is mutual. The current agreement was simply a stopgap measure for 2008 only.

anyone care to produce a map that defines Cinco 1 and Cinco 2. what are the current and projected buildout numbers (number of homes for each section) Thanks.

Cinco 1 is east of Katy Gaston Rd, Cinco 2 is all parts west of Katy Gaston.

Actually, Cinco SW (called Cinco 2 by the HOA) is not part of the original development of Cinco Ranch. The original development (Cinco 1) has its own set of bylaws and Cinco 2 has its own. They are 2 separate entities sharing the Cinco Ranch name. At the current time, Cinco 1 residents have use of both Cinco 1 and Cinco 2 facilities. Cinco 1 residents only have use of Cinco 1 facilities. So that means the new pool/rec center will only be used by the 300 families that now live in Cinco 2.

This is for the current year. Who knows what will happen in 2009.

But don't believe me - here are quotes from the Cinco Ranch community website from the Cinco Ranch community manager...

Michael Meagher Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:27 PM

Subject: New Rec Center

Let me try again:

Cinco I and Cinco II are separate communities that share a name and a developer. Cinco II was established under a separate set of legal documents. The budget, assessments, bank accounts, Board of Directors, etc. are all separate.

Cinco II will determine access to their own facilities.

Since Cinco II will have only one facility this year, there was a concern that it would be overwhelmed if Cinco I residents had access to it. (Their second facility, which includes a lap pool will not come on line until 2009.) However, we are still hopeful that the Boards of the two communities will be able to work out an agreement for sharing the facilities that is mutual. The current agreement was simply a stopgap measure for 2008 only.

Yes, Cinco SW was not part of the original plan, but that doesn't matter. It is still apart of Cinco since Newland bought more land to add on.

Yes, Cinco SW was not part of the original plan, but that doesn't matter. It is still apart of Cinco since Newland bought more land to add on.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Someone asked about the pools, and someone else about whether or not the two communities are separate. I thought the quotes posted from Cinco management cleared up both issues.

Are saying that Michael Meagher from Cinco management is incorrect in saying that Cinco 1 and Cinco 2 share a name and developer only?

Edited by cla

I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Someone asked about the pools, and someone else about whether or not the two communities are separate. I thought the quotes posted from Cinco management cleared up both issues.

Are saying that Michael Meagher from Cinco management is incorrect in saying that Cinco 1 and Cinco 2 share a name and developer only? That they are two separate entities that will each make their own decisions about their amenities, etc.

Newland did not buy more land to add on to Cinco Ranch. Terrabrook owned Cinco before Newland did and Terrabrook was the purchaser of what is now Cinco 2 in 2002 (although not the original purchaser of Cinco 1). Newlands bought the property from Terrabrook in 2003.

What point are you trying to make here? I was just saying that Cinco II will always be apart of Cinco Ranch, even though it was added on later.

If you are saying that they will always share the name Cinco Ranch, then you are correct. But they are not "part of each other". "Separate entities" means separate not "a part of". Each has their own boards, will make their own set of rules, etc. They even look different. Cinco 1 and Cinco 2 have different brick fences - Cinco 2 will have much more commercial development than Cinco 1 (drive around - all you see are signs up "Proposed mix use development". Hopefully, they will decide to work together, but there is no guarantee of that. I live in Cinco and I can feel the difference between the two communities.

I don't live in Cinco, but it all looks the same when I drive through there.

Yeah, it really does all look like. Aside from the bricks/fences along the roadways, all of the homes in the neighborhoods look the same.

you know, I still don't even know the name of the subdivision my parents live in. I know the light to turn off Mason. I know the street name. On Easter Sunday we actually drove into the neighbors' driveway, because I wasn't paying close enough attention to the landscaping. My own parents' house! It's so profoundly depressing to me.

About Cinco Ranch HOAs and Amenities

Here is an explanation of the two Cinco Ranch Developments.

by: Rexanne East

With the opening of the new Community Center at Spring Green Blvd. and Springwood Lake Dr. coming up in May, CincoRanchConnects.com has received a number of inquiries from residents about who will be able to use this new amenity, based on where they live in the community. This post, therefore, will hopefully clarify the footprints of the two Home Owners Associations (HOAs) serving Cinco Ranch and how they affect resident use of access-controlled amenities such as the new Community Center.

Like many large-scale master-planned communities, Cinco Ranch has more than one Homeowners Association, which has the benefit of giving homeowners a collectively stronger voice about issues affecting them closest to home in their individual neighborhoods. The Cinco Residential Property Association (

• 2 months later...

Cinco 1 residents may now use Cinco 2 facilities....

To:

Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:37:29 PM

Subject: Shared Use Agreement in Place

I am pleased to announce that the Cinco I Board of Directors has completed an agreement with the Cinco II Board to allow for mutual shared use of all controlled access amenities of Cinco I and Cinco II for the remainder of 2008 and all of 2009. No fee will be needed to enjoy this access of the sister communities.

I will announce this at the Town Meeting tonight, but wanted to give NRC members a heads up. Effective immediately, Cinco I residents will be able to use the new water park at Cinco II and other facilities as they become available on the same basis as the residents of Cinco II. The Boards of Directors struggled with this to ensure that the agreement was equitable between the two communities. The agreement expires on December 31, 2009. Based on the experience we have between now and then, the Boards hope to move forward with a longer term agreement by the end of next year.

Michael Meagher, PCAM

Community Manager

The Cinco Associations

4025 S. Mason Road

Katy TX 77450

281-599-0408 Office

281-599-0478 Fax

• 2 weeks later...
lol - much of south Katy looks alike. When I first moved here from the New Orleans area, I thought every intersection looked exactly the same as the last. My teenage daughter hates it - thinks it lacks character. I just appreciate how much cleaner everything is.

It is even worse in Arizona and California, but yes, Katy is very generic and blah. I know it keeps cost down, but a little personality would be nice. Even the larger "custom" homes look alike. Cheap stucco, anyone?

• The title was changed to Cinco Ranch I And Cinco Ranch II