METRO Route 293 - Pearland

While waiting for the 73 at the TMC TC today, I saw a schedule posted up for the 293 - Pearland. It says it was printed April 1, 2008 (I guess I got a climpse into the future) but it was effective April 1, 2007 ( a cruel April Fools joke perhaps?).

Anywhoodles, the bus runs from Silverlake to TMC TC at a frequency of about 12 minutes in peak directions. Pretty good. Why Metro has been so tight lipped about it I don't know. In fact, at one of the chat sessions, CEO Frank Wilson said talks with Pearland had fallen through. Oh well, nice to see Metro once again expand commuter service. Now, if they'd only stick a baby toe into local service.

Couldn't find any mention of it on METRO's web site. That could mean that METRO's site isn't updated very often, or more likely that someone created an elaborate April Fool's joke/hoax. My guess is the latter, but I'd dearly love to be wrong, living in Pearland as I do. (also haven't seen anything about it in the Pearland local news and this seems like it would be rather big news if true.)

• The title was changed to METRO Route 293 - Pearland

Archived