Woodleigh/Eastwood Teardown/Townhomes Going Up

Between Sidney and Cullen Blvd. on Dallas there is an old home that has been torn down and three townhomes are going up on the lot. It's the first I've seen of that in the neighborhood of Woodleigh/Eastwood. I thought there were deed restrictions against it but maybe that is for Eastwood and not Woodleigh since I guess, technically, they are two separate neighborhoods.

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come? I am relatively new to Houston and didn't know if this is something that should be looked upon in a positive or negative light. Does anyone have any thoughts? :mellow:

Between Sidney and Cullen Blvd. on Dallas there is an old home that has been torn down and three townhomes are going up on the lot. It's the first I've seen of that in the neighborhood of Woodleigh/Eastwood. I thought there were deed restrictions against it but maybe that is for Eastwood and not Woodleigh since I guess, technically, they are two separate neighborhoods.

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come? I am relatively new to Houston and didn't know if this is something that should be looked upon in a positive or negative light. Does anyone have any thoughts? :mellow:

Eastwood's deed restrictions do not prevent townhomes from being built. They are the original restrictions and only prevent commercial land uses from entering the neighborhoods.

As a stakeholder in the neighborhood myself, I don't see any problems with townhomes, per se, so long as they are contributing to and not detracting from the neighborhood. What was the condition of the older home that got replaced?

Eastwood's deed restrictions do not prevent townhomes from being built. They are the original restrictions and only prevent commercial land uses from entering the neighborhoods.

As a stakeholder in the neighborhood myself, I don't see any problems with townhomes, per se, so long as they are contributing to and not detracting from the neighborhood. What was the condition of the older home that got replaced?

Not sure about the condition of former home. I just can't believe they can fit three townhomes on that size of a lot. I also can't understand why someone would purchase a townhome there, next to some "rough around the edges" homes when they could purchase a wide variety of townhomes just up the road in the warehouse district.

I thought there were deed restrictions against it but maybe that is for Eastwood and not Woodleigh since I guess, technically, they are two separate neighborhoods.

Yep deed restrictions are very specific. If i remember the lots in the area are quite small. Should be interesting to see how 3 units will fit on the lot.

• The title was changed to Woodleigh/Eastwood Teardown/Townhomes Going Up

Archived