Large Postmodern (pomo) For Sale Northwest

This is a spectacular home, custom designed by a local architect for his family in the Post-Modern (PoMo) style as practiced by Michael Graves. It has five bedrooms, and four baths in a total of 3,200+ square feet. There is a large, loft-like kitchen/dining/living space in the back of the house, with huge windows overlooking a shimmering pool, arranged as a reflecting pool to accentuate the architectural features of the rear of the house.

It is an inner-loop house, just far enough out that normal people can afford it- 15 miles from my office near the Galleria. It is perfect for growing families who don't want to sacrifice style and design when moving to the suburbs for good public schools, convenient retail, low crime, and big yards.

The location is an ideal suburban setting- situated in the middle of Hp/Willowbrook/Champions. The area features great restaurants and shopping: Starbucks, Chipotle, Target, etc all have a presence here. It is a stone's throw away from the new, high-end Vintage Park development with its Uptown-like retail center, and super-HEB. There's even decent sushi! It sits in a section of Champions that was built up in the '90's and features many other houses that range in price from $500k to $1 million+.

This was my dream house. Sadly, my wife I are getting divorced, and the house must go ASAP.

Now for the bad- the house was built in the early '90's and is due for its first "shave and a haircut". It needs a roof, paint in and out, some stucco repair, and some general freshening up. It's all easy, straighforward stuff for people who are into this sort of thing.

Scammers, don't waste my time or yours. I can keep the house as long as it takes to sell to a legitimate buyer.

It could be a great investment and/or dream house for a nice discount. I have an appraisal from '07 showing a value of $350k, and the asking price is $299k. I thought I would throw it up here and give first shot to people who can appreciate what this house is before I get a real estate agent involved and raise the price to offset the associated fees.

please email: tuzzolino at sbcglobal dot net

010209010406011601200803151acd81abcd5d621774008da5.jpg011500010410011608200803155ed72d7b6e9298789900fb7e.jpg01150501020301041020080315a386c8560c9ec05d66003a08.jpg01150001020001160620080315be947c5ff643ef75fe00dc21.jpg

Maybe we've got this whole "inside/outside" thing all wrong. The earth is round, so everything we think of as "outside" the loop (like Australia) is actually inside the larger area circumscribed by the loop. I think we just need to be more specific. My house and Australia are outside the smaller of the two loop insides, but inside the larger of the two loop insides.

Maybe we've got this whole "inside/outside" thing all wrong. The earth is round, so everything we think of as "outside" the loop (like Australia) is actually inside the larger area circumscribed by the loop. I think we just need to be more specific. My house and Australia are outside the smaller of the two loop insides, but inside the larger of the two loop insides.

I need to go get more coffee and try reading that again. :blink::D

We haven't even got to curved space yet. Drink up.

AHHH.

Anyway,I just re-read the post and I think he was saying that its an "inner loop" style house. AT least that's what I hope he's saying, that or people who are living inside the Grand Parkway are now Loopers. But 15 minutes to the Galleria? By what, helicopter?

Thanks to all for your input and keen reading skills.

For those who can't keep up:

It's miles, not minutes

It's near, not in the Galleria

I will take responsibility for not saying inner-loop style house. My bad. I was meaning to convey that the style and quality of the house is much like one would find in a custom architect home in West U, and not the average builder homes that predominate the area.

Now, were any of you actually in the market, or were you more interested in making snarky comments?

For those who can't keep up: My bad. I was meaning to convey that the style and quality of the house is much like one would find in a custom architect home in West U, and not the average builder homes that predominate the area.

Now, were any of you actually in the market, or were you more interested in making snarky comments?

I hate the word snarky. I hate Dane Cook even more for making it mainstream.

The good thing is that I heard somewhere that Champions is the next West U.

Excellent location, although lacks curb appeal. Among the Kickerillo designs that dominate the areas surrounding Champions this subject is unique albeit it's not what one would come to expect. An inner-looper seeking to escape the inner-loop insanity will snap this up at a bargain.

Archived