Owner Alters Course At Antone's, Tweaks Original Ninfa's

It's been about a month since I've been to Ninfas, have you seen how the parking lot and deck is coming? Those restroom renos are desperately needed.

Do you think Antones could be reaching too far out of their competency? It's hard to get past po boys and bulk olives when I think of them.

Those restroom renos are desperately needed.

not sure the same ambiance will be there if they get rid of the tin covered bathroom stalls.

Do you think Antones could be reaching too far out of their competency? It's hard to get past po boys and bulk olives when I think of them.

they used to have great items but went more americanized and got rid of many.

They completely gutted the Ninfa's Westheimer & Briarwest location. I'm not sure what that guy means by adding fresh tomatillo to the green sauce. Little green tomatoes have always been oven roasted and shredded into the sauce, Big red tomatoes were prepared the same way for the red sauce, that is why you see little black bits in the sauce. At least that was how it was done when I managed for Ninfa's back in the mid 90's.

• Like 1

I was just by there Sunday (Ninfa's on Navigation, that is) and the adjacent lot was a rutted, muddy field. Presumably that is where the parking/deck will be but it looks several weeks away at best.

Oh, and if you want tiny bathrooms with lots of ambience, go to the Last Concert Cafe.

Edited by marmer

• The title was changed to Owner Alters Course At Antone's, Tweaks Original Ninfa's
  • 1 year later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/11/01/original-ninfas-adds-robert-del-grande-new-chefs.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_27&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

"Robert Del Grande — Houston's first-ever James Beard Award winner — has joined as a culinary mentor to the Original Ninfa’s management team. He also is serving as an adviser to Niel Morgan, managing partner of Houston-based Legacy Restaurants, the current owner of the Original Ninfa's.

Additionally, Morgan named Justin Solomon as the new director of operations for the Original Ninfa’s. Solomon previously was Houston operations manager for New Orleans-based BRG Hospitality. He most recently led the team behind Eunice, BRG's first Houston restaurant.

The Original Ninfa's also hired chef David Luna from Goode Company Restaurants as director of culinary operations and Patricia “Patti” Delgado from Vibrant to take the executive chef role at the Original Ninfa’s at Uptown in the Blvd Place mixed-use development in the Galleria area. Angel Belman, formerly of Hugo’s, has been named beverage director."

• 2 weeks later...