Grand Parkway Segment I2 Opens This Week

Will the Grand Parkway be like that 121 Tollway in DFW? Are the tollbooths all electronic, and you don't need a pass to use it? They just send you a monthly bill?
I haven't seen anything to that matter either way, just that HCTRA will be in charge of collecting. Considering it's HCTRA, I'd doubt they'd just send you a bill. Edited by Justin

And have a "Monthly Invoice" where you can use the toll if you don't have a tolltag. They just send you a bill with more fees and you pay it at the end of the month.

Absolutely. The requirement that you have a credit card to have an EZ Tag is silly.

And have a "Monthly Invoice" where you can use the toll if you don't have a tolltag. They just send you a bill with more fees and you pay it at the end of the month.

I could see this happening here -- it's the type of system that the Dallas area is moving toward. However, like what's being done in Dallas, HCTRA should charge a much higher rate for mailing an invoice, because there is a lot of expense involved in printing invoices, mailing them, and processing payments after they are received. There's also a much higher risk of toll evasion in this type of system, because the toll road authority is basically extending credit to all drivers, regardless of their ability, or desire, to actually pay the tolls.

I'm still a big believer in having an EZ Tag. It's cheaper, and so much faster and easier.

Absolutely. The requirement that you have a credit card to have an EZ Tag is silly.

Not really, when you consider that an EZ Tag can also be linked to a debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo, and those are very easy to obtain as long as you have a checking account.