Channel 13 Story Related To Me

Willowisp

Hey all,

My wife's friend told my wife about a tv news story on Channel 13 of a mid-century modern house in Houston that was recently sold and is going to be torn down for the lot, a large (possibly 3 acre) property. On the tv they said it was mid-century modern and that it was recently restored. The friend didn't catch the architect's name or anything that would nail it down, and I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what house it could be.

Anyone see that tv news story?

I ran pics of these 2 houses by her:

It is NOT the 1955 John Staub house at the end of River Bend (though I bet that will get torn down too).

It is NOT the Lloyd & Morgan at 329 Buckingham.

I will not rest until I know.

Jason

1000 Kirby recently sold but it's 80's contemporary, not mid century. It's on 3.1 acres overlooking Buffalo Bayou.

214b7tk.jpg

Hey all,

My wife's friend told my wife about a tv news story on Channel 13 of a mid-century modern house in Houston that was recently sold and is going to be torn down for the lot, a large (possibly 3 acre) property. On the tv they said it was mid-century modern and that it was recently restored. The friend didn't catch the architect's name or anything that would nail it down, and I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what house it could be.

Anyone see that tv news story?

I ran pics of these 2 houses by her:

It is NOT the 1955 John Staub house at the end of River Bend (though I bet that will get torn down too).

It is NOT the Lloyd & Morgan at 329 Buckingham.

I will not rest until I know.

Jason

I couldn't find anything on the KTRK web site (you probably looked, too.) Could it have been a follow-up story about the Cohen house?

Hmm... large lot, recently restored. The Neuhaus house? The Frame house? (ducking and running)

Archived