Name That School Katy Edition

klein

They are the same design by PBK architects, cinco was the first with that layout...but the facads of SL and MR were changed slighty to give them their "own character." My favorite is the Seven Lakes front by far, very classic. I wonder if the next high school will follow the same design or be a new one. Id love to see something new, but that would be costly. The next high school and stadium are proposed to be on the same lot opening in 2012, over by that big 90 degree curve in katy gaston. I can't wait to see plans for the stadium you know Katyisd is going to try to Rival that Cypress Berry Center, which asthleticly looks amazing but I hear has a couple air flow and sound problems.

its morton ranch... something about the original morton family not being happy about the high school being built on their land... whatever I had never heard anything about it so I looked on wikipedia. Im sure theres a lot of claims of other schools being haunted though. I went to Katy most of high school, but graduated from cinco last year.

and Taylor the best high school? no way. Katy by far. Interestingly my parents lived in Katy when taylor was being built and supposedly it was done a semester late so the two high schools we're in the same building for fall and played eachother in football and everything...

and Taylor the best high school? no way. Katy by far. Interestingly my parents lived in Katy when taylor was being built and supposedly it was done a semester late so the two high schools we're in the same building for fall and played eachother in football and everything...

It was not the entire semester....THS opened with 9th and 10th grade and did not play varsity the first year. Taylor was practically done and the gym could be used, bussed the team over to practice during the fall....etc...etc. Interesting note...that there were two football fields being used in KISD until 1984 when KISD Stadium (Rhodes) opened. Tiger Field and what is now the THS practice field was the other "stadium"! Its difficult to imagine the crowds (or lack of crowd, as compared to now).

Well, it definitely isn't 7 lakes. If you look at the pic I posted of 7 lakes - the entry roof line is different. Also the sections of the entry flanking the center don't have arched openings. Additionally, the columns look very different. Maybe it was a trick pic - the answer is that number 5 is NOT a school in Katy. Perhaps it is not a photograph, but a rendition of future high school #7?

and it isn't cy ridge either...

http://www.cyridgealumni.com/%5Cimages%5CS...eHighSchool.jpg

looks like cy woods

http://www.cywoodsalumni.com/%5Cimages%5CS...sHighSchool.jpg

Edited by cla

• 2 weeks later...

For number 5, there isn't much different from most of the Cy-schools....All of them since Ridge have used the same floor plan. Ridge, Springs, Woods, and coming next year.....Lakes and Ranch.

Can't be ridge....that has a gabled roof, and as shown above, Ridge has the pyramid (as does springs).

• 7 months later...
For number 5, there isn't much different from most of the Cy-schools....All of them since Ridge have used the same floor plan. Ridge, Springs, Woods, and coming next year.....Lakes and Ranch.

Can't be ridge....that has a gabled roof, and as shown above, Ridge has the pyramid (as does springs).

thats definetly cy woods, i would know, i go there...