Thinking Of Buying In Shadow Creek Ranch Arbor Lakes

btg74

We are thinking of buying in SCR Arbor Lakes. Schools are an issue and we realize this subdivision is zoned to FBISD. We're not too excited about our two kids going to those schools. Does anyone know if this will change or if we can apply for a transfer to Alvin?

Also, if anyone knows what the elementary and middle schools are like please share. Please share any info you know. Thanks

Your realtor and/or sales agent should be able to answer your question about the schools. If they can't, I'd be worried.

If you have not already done so, I strongly suggest you go read this thread. In that thread, I shared information I had about Arbor Lakes. Wendy and I were seriously considering buying there last year. We changed our minds, and I'm so glad we did. For example, Arbor Lakes is too close to the Blue Ridge landfill, just on the other side of 521. We've already had posts here from someone living at Eden Cove (IIRC) in SCR, who complained about the odor and air quality. As you probably know, Eden Cove is very near Arbor Lakes. So folks there are bound to smell it too, from time to time. Also, be advised that the landfill may be expanded dramatically in the future. That won't be good for folks living near it.

Also, have you researched Ryland homes? When I last checked, they are the sole builder in Arbor Lakes (since they bought all the Newmark lots) so I assume you are considering contracting with them. Many people question the quality of their home building, since portions of their structures are delivered in 'pre-fabricated' form. While that in itself is not terrible, it is pause for thought. Additionally, I recently read in the news that Ryland is in financial difficulty. Perhaps it isn't the best time to sign with them.

These are only my opinions, take them as you will. Best of luck in your home search!

• The title was changed to Thinking Of Buying In Shadow Creek Ranch Arbor Lakes