Diamondback Records

Does anyone know if Diamondback Records still exists off Louetta in North Houston?

Back in 2000, that place was a goldmine for hard to find progressive metal CDs by acts like Artension, Symphony X as well as the classics by UFO and Michael Schenker. I haven't been up there in years.

They closed a couple of years ago, right after Dimebag was killed - I was in there and the guy was talking about how sad it was since he knew him - it closed a few months later.

I know they moved to 1960, just east of Kuykendahl, but I don't think they made it there (but I'm not sure). Lost track after the move to 1960.

• 1 month later...
Diamondback? I think you might mean Diamondhead. Used to go there all the time about ten years ago. Great selection of used metal CDs!

Yeah it was Diamondhead, and they are gone... There is a record/head store on 1960, about 2 miles west of 45 (can't remember the name) that has some great stuff like Symphony X, UFO, etc.

Speaking of UFO... My ex bass player has a UFO tribute called "Lights Out", and they're very good. Pro's through and through. I believe their web site is "myspace.com/lightsout".

Archived