What Is Going Up West Of Fry Rd. And Highway 290?

SteveK

some of the restaurants are unique to the area as Houston can't get those chains for whatever reason....I drove through Shreveport and they get national chains faster than Houston...

This is certainly not the case in most instances....Houston has so many national chains that are not present in Shreveport, LA...Kona Grill, Smith and Wollensky (Sp?), Ra Sushi, McCormick and Schmidt (Sp?)....the list could go on and on. If there are things in other cities that are not here yet, it is most likely due to geographical expansion of a small, growing chain, or the fact that Houston has SOOOO much competition the chain is hesitant to enter the market. Everyone I know that has visited me in Houston leaves impressed with the variety, quality, and affordability of the places I take them to eat.

i heard that the Pappa's restuarants signed on at the new Metro Town Center which recently started building Phase II

Do you have a link or any info on what's going in there??? I am really excited if they are trying to take that development upscale...I think that is a perfect place to do it with the garage....it could make for a great walkable area...

EDIT::Sorry, I was thinking this was the Newquest development at the Metro Park and Ride, but I just realized the Towne Center is the Kroger Developement and I believe Phase II is already fairly built out around the theatre with Luby's, On the Border, Fridays, and some banks and fast food places...don't know where a Pappa's place would go unless you are also talking about the Metro Development (Cypress Village Station)???

I was talking about the Metro Development. I thought that was the "working title" for it. There was a link posted on this site for it but I am not sure where it is now. I will look for it but yes, along with the parking complex is supposed to be housing and 2 Pappas restuarants.

That is great news angtx if this is true...I know they are working on the foundation and plumbing as we speak. The sign at the Metro Development as you enter says "Cypress Village Station", just FYI....I think at one point it was called "Metro Town Center"...who knows, everyone calls everything a town center since the Woodlands development...

I'd welcome a Pappasito's and a Pappadeux.

As would I, Mr. Football...I really hope this is true, but I am having some trouble reconciling the development pictured above and a Pappa's restaurant as most I have seen have unique and customized architecture and are stand-alone...

A little off topic, but it looks like they are working on the old Barton Springs Grill at 290 and 6...kinda looks like that may be the new Lupe location....

• 2 months later...
...although the Cypress Creek Saloon gets some good bands it is not real family friendly.

According to this blurb from the Chronicle, there won't be live music anymore, which is too bad, in my opinion.

Details: Cypress Saloon, 12710 Telge Road. 281-304-7766.

• The title was changed to What Is Going Up West Of Fry Rd. And Highway 290?

Archived