Winhall Condominiums At 1525 Garrettson Ln.

gallerialiving

I am relatively new to Houston, but I have noticed the beauty of the Uptown/Galleria area. This seems to be an area that everyone wants to get to, but the price of rentals and ownerships separate the haves from the have nots. In light of all the new developments in the area (seemingly high rises, with the exception of the Manhattan to name one) I have noticed several condos in the area that do not "fit":

1. The Inverness - at the corner of Post Oak and Uptown Blvd

2. The Winhall - Corner of Post Oak and Four Oaks Place (by Willie G's restaurant)

3. The ugliest one of them all I do not know the name to. They rest on Post Oak Blvd. next to McDonalds near Post Oak and 610 loop.

Of the three, the Winhall seems to be the nicest to live. Very quaint and they have been renovated nicely. The other two seem to be in terrible condition, but may have the highest developmental value for demo/reconstruction due to lot size.

My question is such: will these properties be torn down to "fit" the look and feel of the neighborhood? If so, what happens to the current home owners? Buy outs?

Does anyone have any credible insight to the direction this section of Post Oak is heading? I am looking to purchase and the range of these condos are tremendously less than others, but I am concerned about the value and how long the will exist.

• Like 1

Welcome to Houston, gallerialiving!

My question is such:  will these properties be torn down to "fit" the look and feel of the neigborhood? 

In Houston, EVERYTHING gets torn down eventually. But, to answer your question, you should never expect for developers here to be concerned with building something which "fits in" with the rest of the neighborhood... Sometimes they do, which is always a nice surprise, but very often they don't.

That's Houston!

• Like 1

And i love when developers build buildings that don't architecturally fit. That in itself what makes Houston such a great city. One minute you'll see modern, post modern and other architectural styles without having to travel far. Makes this place great.

Those complexes will probably be torn down eventually. But for now we'll have to live with them.

• Like 1

It would be quite difficult for a developer to tear down a condominium building. I'm not saying it cannot or will not happen. But for a developer to do so, he would have to go in and buy each and every individual condominium unit in the complex, reaching separate purchase agreements with each owner. Does anyone know of any condominums anywhere that have ever been torn down and replaced bya new development?

• Like 1

Those will probably be there for some time. Houston has no zoning & you always have a mixed bag in every part of town. You can pay top dollar to live in the Montebello, and have these less expensive ones a block over, or you can buy a house in River Oaks on Shepherd, and overlook a car lot. That's just Houston.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
if you look at the new shopping  center being built next to montebello, it sure does seem like these older condo units have limited time left, moreso the one called the Inverness. 

Any idea what /who is going into that new center. Someone mentioned Whole Foods but that site is too small. I must just be a retail center with multiple tenants.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Older Condominiums By Uptown Park Shopping Center?
  • The title was changed to Winhall Condominiums At 1525 Garrettson Ln.