1-owner Glenbrook Rancho Deluxe $179,900

I saw this one come up this week on the market. Not one of my listings, but I thought I'd "share." What makes this one interesting is it is a one-owner, so it is unmolested. Its pretty big, with 3 good size bedrooms, 3 full baths, formals, den and a huge room above the garage. It appears to have hardwoods underneath the carpet throughout, including the upstairs room. The front formal rooms are huge and have the vintage original campy wallpaper mural. None of the woodwork has been painted over. It has a great flagstone fireplace flanked by big sliding glass doors onto a covered patio with a built in bar-b-que grill. The kitchen retains its vintage charm. The paneling in the den is real wood, not the thin sheets, and the bathrooms are good. They have the original tile and it is all in great shape. Really nice block but it does back up to Broadway so that will probably be an issue for some people although it could be helped with some timber bamboo and a good fence. It corners on Santa Elena. The pictures just don't capture it.

It does need a roof apparently, and all the usual suspects for an original house this age, but $179,900 on a good block is not a bad price for this one. 8015 Erie

Edit - there will be an estate sale there the 17th thru the 20th, so the home will be open then.

Nice house! What shocked me as much as anything is that Mrs Guillory is still selling houses. I graduated from high school with her daughter in 1977. I would have thought she would be hanging it up by now. Her daughter Betty was at one time married to Carlos Garcia but the last time I ran into her, Carlos and her had divorced.

I also remember the house just down from this one that I always liked as well. It was on the cul-de-sac at the end of Erie and had driveway access out to Broadway. A friend of mine from Little League lived there. His name was Jack Murchison. His father owned a company that built steel buildings. I remember going in it several times when I was a kid.

Nice house! What shocked me as much as anything is that Mrs Guillory is still selling houses. I graduated from high school with her daughter in 1977. I would have thought she would be hanging it up by now. Her daughter Betty was at one time married to Carlos Garcia but the last time I ran into her, Carlos and her had divorced.

I also remember the house just down from this one that I always liked as well. It was on the cul-de-sac at the end of Erie and had driveway access out to Broadway. A friend of mine from Little League lived there. His name was Jack Murchison. His father owned a company that built steel buildings. I remember going in it several times when I was a kid.

I could be mistaken on this, but I believe Helen is handling a lot of business for Marcy Williams down there too. Marcy has still been "in the business" in Glenbrook since God was a boy and had listings as late as last year down there. Marcy just celebrated her 90th birthday, so I think on that bell curve Helen is a spring chicken!

This house is open every day thru Sunday I think for an estate sale if anyone wants to take a peek. I heard a rumor that Stolitx camped our there early to pick up a couple of Woodard mod lawn chairs for $50!

I did, I did. Pair of scupturas with original cushions for $50. Great house too. I didn't have time to look around too much but looks like it's in decent shape for it's age. Nice patio with built in bbq.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived